[APP] CouchPotato various versions for firmware V4+ (03/2016)

Live Counter

Note: Can’t see live counter image above? Try again later as my WDMyCloud is offline!

Download movies automatically, easily and in the best quality as soon as they are available. Awesome PVR for usenet and torrents. Just fill in what you want to see and CouchPotato will add it to your “want to watch”-list. Every day it will search through multiple NZBs & Torrents sites, looking for the best possible match. If available, it will download it using your favorite download software.

This is CouchPotato various versions for WDMyCloud V4 Firmware successfully built with 64K page size memory patch. For setups and details, refer to  https://couchpota.to/.

For those interested on how to build from the source, refer to this  thread. It may help others to continue supporting the 64K page size memory for other packages. Below are my simplified instructions on how to get it installed on the V4 firmware (will not work on older firmwares). 

AND I have also made an online generic 64K page size memory package installer to simplify the installations of Debian packages on WDMyCloud. This will not work on older version 3 WD firmwares and I’m not planning to support it either as I’m sticking with the V4 firmwares. Based on dynamic server-side FastCGI, perl and shell scripts, I’ll be using this method for newer guides from now onwards. Feel free to parse the script codes. All bug reports, opinions and suggestions are welcomed.

The Generic Online Installer:

1) Auto download of required debs including its dependencies if any.

2) Debs installation in the required order to prevent dependency issues.

3) Auto run custom configurations if any.

If you proceed further, you are fully aware of the usual WD’s _warranty void _clauses including disclaimer from any damages that may resulted from this guide.

• Enable SSH on your NAS from the WD DashBoard settings if not done so. SSH to your NAS port 22 using i.e. putty root@wdmycloud.

• To proceed with the installation, first you need to get the username and password from me. The credentials will expire hourly e.g. “1AM,2AM,3AM…” to prevent intentional abuse on my network resources. Click on the link below to get the credentials :

WDMyCloud | TeaNazaR.com

• After obtaining the credentials, just copy & paste into the SSH terminal session of your WDMyCloud:

export NAZAR78_USER=user; export NAZAR78_PASS=pass; export NAZAR78_KEYS=keys;

• Then run the online installer on your WDMyCloud copy & paste as below, follow the instructions and enjoy (-:

Version 2.6.3:
    curl teanazar.com/installer.fcgi?couchpotato_2.6.3|sh;

Version 3.0.1:
    curl teanazar.com/installer.fcgi?couchpotato_3.0.1|sh;

For quick backup and restore when WD release newer firmware update:

• Before updating firmware:
    tar zcf /shares/Public/couchpotato.tar.gz ~/.config/couchpotato;

• After updating firmware:
    tar xf /shares/Public/couchpotato.tar.gz -C /;

• Run the online installer again. Your settings will be preserved and you may then remove the tar backup.

Online Installer change log:

[20150706] Added CouchPotato v2.6.3.
[20160112] Added UnRAR v5.30 support.
[20160119] Fixed init.d could not find config path.
[20150706] Added CouchPotato v3.0.1.

1 Like

When I requested it I didnt know its goin to be that fast :smiley: thank you :)))

EDIT: nevermind I am getting " Error-9 : Unable to retrieve required files! Network lag encountered. Try again few hours later." might as well try again 2morro

EDIT2: I am still getting the same error… even tho I succesfully installed MiniDLNA without any problems… not sure if there is any network problem or problem with the file ? :slight_smile:

Hi Nazar78,
I have to cofigure CouchPotao after each restart is there any option to make it permanent as I restart Mycloud each day?
Thanks

The config file should be saved in here: ~/.config/couchpotato

I just changed access rights with “chmod -R 777 couchpotato” and now it seems to be working.
Thanks

btw I noticed that there is also /.config/couchpotato not in root folder so maybe it was created right after installation before first restart.

I think this is an issue with init.d not able to detect the home dir.

Could you move all the settings to /root/.config/couchpotato

Then run this: sed -i 's/~/\/\$CP_USER/' /etc/default/couchpotato>/dev/null 2>&1;

Then restart the service service couchpotato restart;

I’ll apply this fix in this current release.

Could you compile new couchpotato please?

Aites, will do this over the weekend.

Thank you! =)

For those who’s following this post, a new version has been added to the first post.

As promised to my donors, they will be the first to receive newer builds. I’ll make it public soon so stay tuned (-:

[20150706] Added CouchPotato v3.0.1.

UPDATES: CouchPotato v3.0.1 for firmware V4 now released to public! More info from the top post. Enjoy (-:

Thanks Nazar. I have managed to upgrading to 3.0, however, I cannot access to couch potato from mobile devices any longer. page cannot be found from http://mycloudname:5050 however, if I try http://lanipaddress:5050, I am then able to access to couch potato.

anyone having same issue?

It’s not an issue, this is normal as mobile devices doesn’t have NetBIOS over TCPIP to resolve the hostnames, thus you’ll need to use your IP. Some router does cache these hostnames and will work if your device points its DNS server to the router.

Hi again! If i am able to fix my sickrage to normal, i am planning to add this app too. Would that be alright, or it is to much to ask for mycloud? What are your suggestions so that mycloud would run smoothly with transmission, sickrage and couch all together? Thanks!

You can have multiple apps running on the MyCloud but just ensure the schedules are spread evenly and running during off peak periods i.e. when the MyCloud is least used. Also during heavy task activities such as torrenting, download one at a time while queueing the rest.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong here. I get all the way to when you type “curl teanazar.com . . .” When I enter that line in my SSH connection to my MyCloud, I get the following error message:

curl teanazar.com/installer.fcgi?couchpotato_3.0.1|sh;
  % Total    % Received % Xferd  Average Speed   Time    Time     Time  Current
                                 Dload  Upload   Total   Spent    Left  Speed
  0     0    0     0    0     0      0      0 --:--:-- --:--:-- --:--:--     0sh: syntax error: unexpected redirection
curl: (23) Failed writing body (8 != 1455)

Any help would be appreciated.

Only MyCloud single bay firmware v4 is supported.

Hi Nazar78

While I appreciated you are taking time to helping us to install these apps into WD Mycloud, I’d like ask how to save config files and uninstall these apps (CouchPotato, SickRage and Transmission) from WD my cloud.

Since these apps slowing mycloud, I am going to install these apps into Raspberry Pi instead. Therefore I would need config files.

Cheers

Refer to the backup method for each app from the top post, then move them to the new device.

You could use dpkg --purge app to uninstall, however be very careful not to brick it. Best is to reflash the firmware because there’ll still dependencies left when you uninstall.