Anti-Virus Essentials v.1.29 offline

Online database always unavailable… current base from Feb.20
What`s wrong?

1 Like

When updating definitions I see clam refresh process run for few minutes and then stop. The definitions are not shown as updated as a Nov date is shown for the definitions date.

What do you mean online database always unavailable ? Do you mean the definitions date of last update ?

I mean, i cant update database of viruses. Last updated in Feb.2020. Its not normal.
Database server always offline

Same thing here.
I just installed Antivirus, it showed an old definition DB
I updated it but I got Feb.2020 version. (so server is not offline)
Further update requests always getting the same version
I wonder if is there a way to manually update from clamav site

1 Like

WD Community,

Thanks for your feedback.
We are aware of this issue and working to provide a solution in a future firmware and app release.

1 Like

Related question, and I didn’t want to create a separate thread for it. Antivirus essentials creates its own share for quarantine after every reboot even if you manually delete the share and point another folder for quarantine, any idea how to prevent that?

meanwhlile updated virus definitions can be found here
https://www.clamav.net/downloads

@SBrown

Any update on this as it has been about a month as this is still an issue ?
After clicking the Update Defs button I still see:
Virus Definition Database
Last Update
Monday, 2020 November 30, 9:29:00 AM

1 Like

We waiting for new firmware…

1 Like

I installed the new firmware 5.11.112 which lists in release notes:
“Resolved an issue with Anti-virus Essentials app not installing the latest database when the app is being installed”

But when I go to Apps ---- > Apps Store : There is no AntiVirus App nor is AntiVirus App shown as installed. It was available with 5.10.122 release. Was the AntiVirus App removed for WD My Could v5.11.112 ? Please provide details how to install it as it no longer appears in the Apps ---- > Apps Store as was the case with the previous firmware 5.10.122

What is your model?
In my EX2Ultra all exist.

You can download latest AV (just change name of your model in link) here
https://downloads.mycloud.com/os5-apps/apps/GZA/GZA_MyCloudEX2Ultra/clamAV/MyCloudEX2Ultra_clamAV_1.30.bin

It should have offered you to update it to 1.30 afterwards…

Sorry for the long delay in response as we had some family issues. Anyway MyWDCloud Gen 2 single bay with OS5 is one that lost ClamAV.

Anyway I tried:
https://downloads.mycloud.com/os5-apps/apps/GZA/GZA_MyWDCloud/clamAV/MyWDCloud_clamAV_1.30.bin
and
https://downloads.mycloud.com/os5-apps/apps/GZA/GZA_MyCloud/clamAV/MyCloud_clamAV_1.30.bin

and
https://downloads.mycloud.com/os5-apps/apps/GZA/GZA_MyWDCloud-Gen2/clamAV/MyWDCloud-Gen2_clamAV_1.30.bin

and none of the above downloaded a file. Can you please provide the link or advise how I can navigate the directories as just get Error:NoSuchKey when I try to navigate from the link you provided.

I noticed http://fox-exe.ru/WDMyCloud/WDMyCloud-Gen2/Apps-OS5/ does NOT have the ClamAV package either? I guess I can take OS3 package and run it through fox.exe repackager for OS5 ?

Note I also have EX2Ultra and that one works fine with ClamAV.

OK, it’s been a really long time since the last message on this thread and it still seems to not work. Just purchased an EX4100 and it just says:

Updating Virus Database …daily.cvd[0%]

Followed a few minutes later by:

Update failed. The online database is not available. Please try again later.

Is this ever going to be fixed?

There is another thread about this issue. No resolution from WD yet. Anti-virus essentials not updating

Hello pgrever,

I got the same message:

As it seems however, I got around it.

I´m using an EX2 Ultra under OS version 5.21.104 with a RAID 1 of two 2 TB drives , current data volume (disk space used) is 1 TB (each drive). Approx. 70% of data stored is incremental backup files compressed by backup software, i.e. file sizes of several GB each and compression file format. No apps installed other than Anti-Virus Essentials (ClamAV), no remote software (like backup software e.g. or media player) whatsoever accessing, Cloud Service (`Cloud Access´) is off, UPnP is set to off on my Connect Box (router/gateway device) as I don´t approve.

I got the above message with Anti-Virus Essentials 1.38 last week. After reading several threads regarding Anti-Virus Essentials I first checked if a full virus scan would work with 1.38. It did, although it took about 2 days without so much as the slightest progress displayed in the progress bar window.
After that I uninstalled Anti-Virus Essentials via Dashboard, rebooted the EX2 Ultra by way of Dashboard and once again installed Anti-Virus Essentials by Dashboard, which since is version 1.39. I subsequently started the virus database update by use of the Dashboard, which again took almost 2 days.

You may take a look at my post in this thread for some additional information, if you care: Anti-virus essentials not updating - #34 by ichbeans

Revised: I started a full virus scan under 1.39 as well (on the same NAS device, nothing changed except update to version 1.39 and update of the virus database). Progress bar climbed from 0% to 2% in the course of 10 days (a day for each percent), processor and RAM showed medium use though and ClamAV processes were obviously running. However, I don´t think further attempts will be of any avail, so I will shut down Anti-Virus Essentials and rely on the client´s (notebook computer) real-time antivirus software before moving the data to the NAS.

Have a nice day.

Same issue appears to still continue with no validation or resolution.
Running Firmware 5.26.300.
Anti-Virus fails to complete with error

|Update failed. The online database is not available. Please try again later.||

Does any one know if there is a resolution I haven’t found?
Has there been an update since Mar 22, as mentioned in the other post?

My last update was 19/06/23 and now not working too

Although it very unprofessional to leave the professional NAS OS in limbo like this… an update should be around the corner for OS 5, I guess.

Indeed, the consumer device (My Cloud Home) has received a major update moving from the Debian 10 to Debian 11 base, which should include an updated version of ClamAV.

Hopefully @WDStaff will let us know about it…

Well this sounds like a disappointment.

WD release the security bulletin related to the MCH update but it’s not mentioning OS5… WDC-23011 Western Digital My Cloud Home, My Cloud Home Duo and SanDisk ibi Firmware Version 9.5.0-186 | Western Digital

Sometimes security bulletin had been common to the two lines of NAS. So the OS5 update may not be that around the corner.

What do you say @WDStaff ?

Best