Alter default template and add movie wall

Hi

i recentlly bought a live hub also and love it, when i’m comparing it to other mediaplayers in the same pricerange its a beauty! Had many before, popcorn and xtreamer but never liked the GUI. With this one im almost satisfied, the only thing i’m missing is a moviewall with extra info + changing wallpaper about the selected movie.

I tried a lot of templates found in this board, also played around with thumbgen. But never liked the result of it. My question is, is there a way to change the xml of the default template (make a copy of it?) and change only one view.

the view i’m talking about:

Instead of one row with movies, it would be awesome to have 2 rows of movies and everything else the same as the picture above. Which view should i alter to try to make something out of it, without using moviesheets or other hacks.

Thanks!

Although it would take a lot more time to answer your question, the simple answer is YES.

All you have to do is to modify the “rv_gallery_browse_page.xml”, and you can make it look anyway you want.

If you are unsure where to start, you can see this HERE and this HERE, which will get you started.

Thanks, i’ll look at your tutorials tonight when i’m at home.

btw, Do i need to restart the device or just re-load the template in the settings menu, when i altered some xml?

No need to restart.  If you just change the xml, you can just go back to the Main Menu and then back to your view and you should see your changes.  If you change the images though, you may have to (but not in all cases) either re-apply the theme to see the changes or just change the view until you come back to that view or cycle the power.  But cycling through the views usually works, and is faster.