After firmware update to v04.04.00-308 my external USB WD MyBook 1230 disappeared

Hello,

I was wondering why my MyCloud shares weren’t accessable since a few days. So I checked my MyCloud Webaccess and saw that the firmware was automatically updated.

Since the update my WD MyCloud (4TB) can’t access to the via USB connected WD MyBook (4TB). MyCloud device see that the drive is connected, but only shows 0kb of 0kb free.

Is the any fix available for this, or do I have a chance to see (and copy) my data from the external USB MyCloud drive?

If this is the normal way how firmware updates work for MyCloud devices - for me then WD solutions are completey useless for storing data.

Of course I do regular backups, but not every day.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Mirko

Hello and welcome to the WD community.

We have passed this along to support.

Hello,

any news on this. It seems that there is a general problem in the new firmware.

regards

alzi76 wrote:

Hello,

any news on this. It seems that there is a general problem in the new firmware.

regards

alzi76,

Are you having trouble seeing your shares on the My Cloud, at all; or, just the folders on the My Book connected to the USB port?

When you are in the dashboard, does it show that a USB drive is connected?

hi,

the dashboard shows that there is an external usb drive connected. but no shares are available (they were before the firmware upgrade)

when open the usb info in the dashboard, it shows me corretely the drive (mybook 1230) , but also 0kb of 0kb free.

On my original Cloud the USB drive doesn’t even show up as connected… 

On my second Cloud the USB drive shows up as connected but no shares appears and the drive capacity shows 0K