We have passed this along to support

Ralphael wrote:

Bill_S, I really was expecting to see a post that said “We have passed this along to support” :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyways this is still one of many problems that are floating around the forum right now.

Things like 

Latest firmware still vulnerable

After firmware update to v04.04.00-308 my external USB WD MyBook 1230 disappeared

It is not too bad at the moment… but I still don’t know whether Version 4.xx ever solved the not being able to mount the USB My-book problem or whether there was a solution to the SMB speed?

I know answers are all over the place and I try to read ALL of the posts here but I shouldn’t have to. We should see announcements somewhere that problems like USB connectivity or SMB speeds are back to normal or resolved by a certain  procedure.

Now I have a new problem and that is I don’t have cloud access anymore because my iPad has upgraded to the latest version but my FW on my Cloud is still 3.04. I haven’t tried to log in yet on my iPad Cloud software and there are no-one else on this forum that seem to have that problem (of course I haven’t asked), but I was annoyed yesterday at the gym when I saw the new cloud app and I remain annoyed today after seeing all these updates making my hardware useless.

I was tempted.  :smiley:

Both of the above issues, that you posted links for, are already being investigated, though we’re still in the “contact the user and get more information stage.”  However, I’m not sure the second issue that you posted the link to above is USB drive issue.  But that will be confirmed one way or another.  

Here is a list of what the firmware update for My Cloud 3.0 included.  

• Resolved issue of capacity in home page disappears after firmware update
  • Improved logging
  • Improved security
  • Addressed known command injection, SSH default password and CSRF security vulnerabilities
  • Applied fix for Poodle security issue
  • Improved Time Machine performance
  • Supports My Cloud OS 3 operating software
  • Supports WD Sync™ which syncs data across multiple PCs, notebooks and Mac computers
  • Supports MyCloud.com – web access portal and Learning Center (replacement for WD2go.com)
  • Supports My Cloud mobile app with sharing and Automatic Camera Roll Backup
  • Supports NAT-PMP that allows automatic port forward connection on Apple routers

We did a lot of fixing for security issues.  And some of the basic architecture changes should have improved mobile access and transfer speeds.

As for your lost access on the iPad, what specifically are you referring to: your iPad firmware or the WD mobile software on the iPad got updated?

Also, if you’re running the older firmware on the My Cloud, you won’t be able to access your data through mycloud.com.  As you see in the release notes above, WD2go.com was replaced by MyCloud.com, and the new site requires the new firmware to run Webfiles.