Acronis True Image WD Edition makes Computer unusable slow without internet

Hello forum:),

I registered just to report what happened today; perhaps this will help somebody else. Have not found exactly this topic in former posts.

Some weeks ago I installed Acronis True Image WD Edition to clone my system SSD and everything went fine. Did not uninstall it after cloning.

Today in the morning DSL failed and I have been without internet connection since that. I turned on the computer to find contract details to call the DSL provider. But windows did hardly start, everything was unbelievable slow. As a matter of fact I needed quite a few tries before I even noticed the system was not completely dead. 10+ minutes till even the windows start button reacted on the mouse. 3+ minutes to load the taskmanager…

The taskmanager did not show any system load but after playing around and stopping this and that task I noticed some acronis task consuming a lot of electrical power?!? I uninstalled Acronis True Image, had to do a last hard reset because after the message “uninstall completed” windows seemed to stopp completely.

But the problem was solved. Now windows starts without problems again. Dont know whether this problem occured due to my unique system. But If your system seems broken some day and you have Acronis installed, perhaps it might be helpful to check DSL/Internet connection :slight_smile:

Have a nice weekend :slight_smile:

Hi @Sokkel,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

Hi Keerti_01,

thx for your answere, but I dont see no reason to open a ticket. I really do appreceate the possibility to clone a disc with Acronis WD Edition and will perhaps use it again If I’ll need it. But after that I will simply uninstall Acronis to avoid future problems :slight_smile: