Acronis True Image for Western Digital (Not Responding)

Recently installed Acronis True Image for Western Digital on a new desktop build to backup the PC to a WD 10TB MyBook drive.

Not sure if the install went well (it was very slow to install). The program is now installed but it is slow to click between the Backup/Protection/Tool/etc menu option (it comes up “not responding”) it recovers but it is slow.

I un-installed and re-installed and it does the same thing. Is it normally this buggy or did my install go wrong? Thanks in advance.

Hi @angers3,

Please refer to this KBA link: Error

Acronis software is doing the same for me.

My system has Intel 7 CPU, 12 GB RAM and running Windows 10 Pro. All application have been stopped and Acronis is the only front running process.

Once Acronis finally installed, it took 1.5 hour to navigate through 3 steps of disk clone wizard. After 3 hours of wait I could not pass the last window for selecting the destination drive. At this point I decided to change the course and make a full backup of my hard drive and to restore on the new drive. After more than 4 hours of processing, the tool created a file with tibx extension with only 17,000KB written into it on the the destination drive. I tried to uninstall and reinstall Acronis but it did not change the behavior of tool. At this point I am trying to find another way to backup/image my old drive since Acronis is not functioning properly. Unfortunately there is no working solution recommended online so I’m looking into other products.