Acronis doesn't recognize WD drives, refuses to run

I just installed Acronis True Image WD Edition. When trying to start the program, I get a tiny message window stating:

“Attach a Western Digital hard drive to launch the program, or click Cancel to quit. Also you can upgrade to a full version of the product at …”

Why, I have three Western Digital hard drives in my computer, two WD5002ABYS and one WD5003ABYX, apart from two older Seagate drives.

What can I do to make this incredibly clever Acronis software recognize the drives? What went wrong here?

Try unistalling the reinstalling Acronis. Maybe it was a bad download.

This is also a hybrid program. Acronis removed some things and WD added some so it only works with their drives. The WD part may not recognize all of it’s drives. Who knows when it was last updated.  What are you trying to do there are other free ones? Acronis has try and buy also.

Joe

Actually, I’m not having any problems with my copy of Acronis and backing up to my WD Live.  I have many other drives from WD as well, that I’ve been backing up to with Acronis for a good number of years.  Like that other user suggests, maybe you should try and reinstall Acronis and see if that makes a difference.  If you have the WD Live, you realize you have to browse for it right?  I didn’t see mine until I browsed for it in Acronis.

I have yet to determine if it can be used outside of the windows environement though, like if you have to use the cd/dvd recovery disc put together with Acronis.