Accessing My Book Live from Live TV Hub

I’m kind of new to network sharing. I have a WD Live TV Plus in my bedroom and I can access my My Book Live wirelessly and watch my movies and view photos. When I turn on my Live TV Hub I try to access my My Book Live and it won’t let me. It only asks me if I want to syncronize both devices. Is there any way I can view my movies from my My Book Live to my WD Live TV Hub without loading them on to the internal 1TB harddrive? I purchased the Live TV hub for the sole reason of being able to have some internal memory but also being able to access movie filed from my My Book Live. Would I be better off selling my Live TV Hub and purchasing another Live TV Plus to be able to do what I need? Thanks in advance for your help.

Welcome to the forum, by the way.

No, it should work just fine.

For the sake of brevity, go turn the Sync function OFF in the Setup Menus of the HUB.   

Now, exactly what steps are you taking to attempt to access the MBL, and what are the results of each step?

Thanks. I’m currently at work now but I can’t find any way to access my My Book Live through my Live TV Hub menu. I tried calling WD and the rep said he doesn’t think it’s possible. I don’t see how it could be possible to access the My Book Live from my Live TV Plus in the bedroom, but not from the Live TV Hub. Every movie I have on my My Book Live I have to manually transfer it over to my Lie TV Hub wirelessly (which takes forever). There has to be a way to access my movies on the My Book Live through the menu in the Live TV Hub without having to transfer the files on to the internal 1TB harddrive. Is there something in the menu to access a shared network server that I’m not seeing? Thanks for the help.

MikeCat1223 wrote:
Is there something in the menu to access a shared network server that I’m not seeing? Thanks for the help.

Yes, that’s what the RED BUTTON does.  

When you open the VIDEOS tab, press the RED BUTTON and choose your content source.

Wow I can’t believe how easy that was. I even called WD and they told me there was no way to access the My Book Live. They said they were working on an update for it. Thanks so much. Now I don’t have to copy all my files onto both devices. Thanks again for the help.

No worries.  Please mark the post as SOLVED.