A major setup problem

I try to install my book live, but I fail.

I put the Install CD, the book live is well detected. The WD quick view is also well installed. But I can’t open my book live, a message error appears:

"Runtime error!

Program: E\Setup.exe

This application has requested the runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application’s support team for more information."

May I have some help?

Thanks

Hey there, try reset the unit pressing the reset button on the unit for 5 seconds, please let me know the outcome.

Try checking for Windows Updates. Also, make sure you have the latest .net framework installed with all updates. If that doesn’t work, are you using Windows XP, Vista, or 7?

You should also be able to get to your My Book Live through the network explorer (Windows Vista and 7) or by Start/Run and then [\mybooklive](file://mybooklive/) (Windows XP).

I had this problem too.

I also attempted updating the C++ runtime and the .net framework.  These were blind alleys.

As soon as i switched off my firewall (Zonelabs ZoneAlarm Free Firewall version: 10.1.065.000), I could run it successfully.

I then altered the ZoneAlarm settings to make sure both the PC and the My Book Live were in the trusted zone, and set the trusted zone to “Medium” security.

Somehow (not sure how) I set Windows Vista to make the PC discoverable on the network.

Once I had WD Link installed, i could even map the drive.  (It does take quite a while to show up)