Your Connection is not private - Google Chrome message

Hi, I’m trying to connect to my WD mycloud storage from my computer at work and am receiving the following message. I use Google Chrome browser if it helps.

How do I securely access my storage from a public location please, as I’m concerned to go any further and make the unsecure connection?

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from wdmycloud.device***********.wd2go.com (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards).

This server could not prove that it is wdmycloud.device************.wd2go.com ; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer’s operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Welcome to the Community.

This looks like a certificate issue. If Google Chrome has been updated to the latest version and you are not using a public Internet connection then I’d recommend confirming if also receive the same message using a different Internet Browser. As an alternative you can also use the WD My Cloud Desktop App as an alternative instead for a direct connection.

1 Like

Hi,

Perfect answer. Did try IE browser but said same thing, however downloading the desktop app and signing through works great.

Thank You.

1 Like

Is there a way to deploy valid SSL certs to my WD My Cloud?  I would like to avoid this security warning message when sharing with friends/family.  Even if I need to purchase my own cert and deploy by SSHing into the device, I’d be willing to do this.

Were you ever able to deploy valid SSL certs to your WD MyCloud? I’d like to do the same

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from mybookliveduo.device****.wd2go.com** (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_COMMON_NAME_INVALID

Help improve Safe Browsing by sending some system information and page content to Google. Privacy policy

Back to safetyHide advanced

This server could not prove that it is mybookliveduo.**.wd2go.com ; its security certificate is from *.wd2go.com . This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to mybookliveduo.device*******.wd2go.com (unsafe)