You can't upload files because access to this cloud is read-only

Hello, I’m new to the community and to WD’s Cloud Storage and was looking for some help.

Specs: WD My Book Live Duo 6TB; Windows 8.

I’m not sure what I’m doing wrong? If I set a share to public I can log in using the user I created and upload files to the share. If I set it back to private and log in there are no upload or create buttons nor can I drag and drop. Has anyone had this issue/found a resolution?

Hello,

Try to un-map the drive from the computer and then re map it as a private share, put your credentials and see if you are able to copy to the drive again. Hope this helps.

Thanks. I don’t see where it is mapped. I’ve even restarted the device and the computer. Also, I’m trying to upload files from a different location (Internet) to private folders not on my local machine. It’s strange that I can set it to public and immediately be able to see the buttons but as soon as I set it back to private they disappear and only the public folder shows the buttons. It’s probably something really simple too that I’m missing… Like usual…

I am having same issue. Logged in to My Cloud via the Web (No mapped drives) and user account has full permissions to the folder. Happens with all accounts, not just one. Latest Firmware, etc. Anyone else having this issue and is there a solution?? Is there another solution to access the My Cloud remotely?

I am having the same issue. Has anyone been able to figure this out?