Yellow light blinking for days

Hello,

When we orginally purchased our mycloud, it was working just fine and we were able to upload files and view them on mobile devices as well. Recently, a yellow light began to flash and we are no longer able to acess the files on mobile devices or get to the website online. The ethernet cable shows both green lights on and when connected to a commputer we can see the files. We have tried the 4sec reboot and the the problem continues.

Any help woulld be gladly taken

have you tried the 40s reset? turn the device off, press the reset and hold it… turn on the device and hold the reset for 40s… if that doesnt help I think you might wanna send it for RMA or take it apart connect the device to linux and rewrite rootfs partitions…

Will my files still remain after this reset?

yep… this will only reset the settings and set all shares to public… :slight_smile:

Unfortunately it continues to do the same thing, but thank you!

do you have lots of files on it? it might take some time before everything is initialized (once it took my drive few hours to do so) so I would recommend to wait… if that doesnt help either as I said you will have to either send it back to get it checked under warranty or take it apart (this will void your warranty) and manually rewrite rootfs partitions

Have you looked at the User Manual, page seven?

The front LED when Yellow/Blink according to the older user manual.

1. Disk thermal warning threshold exceeded (under or over temp)
  2. Network cable not inserted

cat0w
USA

Thank you, is there a certain way to know if it is specifically the thermal conditions?

Shut it down and give it time to cool and then start it back up. If it loads and the blue light comes on then that was the problem.

I have had the same problem every time I lose power I have to do this every single time I don’t know why but I do. You have to disconnect your modem and router I reconnect the modem until I get on my lights steady. Then I connect my router until all the lights are steady. Then I connect power to the cloud then normally the first or second time I apply power back to the cloud it will normally boot up and get the blue light.

Had same problem. Took white plastic cover off, set a small fan next to green board and after a minute or two, light was solid and later blue. Hope this helps