Windows shares

I’m having a difficult time fixing this problem. I decided to use my My Cloud Gen1 as a replacement for my DNS-323 nas. I copied all of the files from the DNS323 to the My Cloud. I can mount the DNS323 files to t: and see all files. But if I mount the My Cloud to T: I can only see the folders and file in the top level. When I click on any folder it says it is empty. The only difference I can se is that on the DNS323 the files are shown as owned by nobody. On the My Cloud they show as owned by daapd.
Has anybody seen this problem?

Looks like you some how got the files owned by the iTunes (daapd) media server on the My Cloud. Maybe try a mass change of the file’s owner to the My Cloud root or default admin user. Or maybe see if turning off the iTunes server in the Dashboard Settings does anything.

ITune is shut off. On the DNS323 id 501 is nobody. On the MyCloud it is daapd. This problem is driving me nuts. If I mount the myCloud folder to a linux box it has root as the owner. Can’t even find a google search that talks about this problem.

Is Media Serving disabled on the Share that the files are in?

Not sure how it was set when I got it working. Now I have it set to no media serving and not public. But full access by one user. It now works both on windows and on my Linux PC.
I ended up changing the owner of all of the files to a user on the WD My Cloud. This appears what made it work. Not sure why the DNS-323 didn’t have the problem. But it could be that the windows PC uses smb1 and the Linux box and now that The WD My Cloud has been updated it uses a version higher than smb1.
I think most things are working as I need them. With the exception that when the share is mounted on the Linux box all file appear to be owned by root. Looking into this problem.
Thanks for the help.

Glad to help, good to see you figured it out somehow.