Why has my Mac Portable Hard Drive started beeping?

I purchased a WD 4 TB My Passport for Mac Portable Hard Drive on 29 Jun 2017 via Amazon. co.uk and have contacted the seller today (24 April 2018) as I believe the drive may be faulty. They have advised me that the drive is under warranty and have referred me to you for support.

The problem I have is as follows:-
I have a large amount of important information stored on this external drive and every time I plug it into my laptop it beeps. This has only started recently. I have searched the internet for information on why this might be happening and what I have read is concerning me as it suggests it could be a fault on the HD head and this may need replacing. I am also worried that if I keep using it I might lose all my data. I would welcome your advise on this issue.

Hi Jantinesco,

Maybe you should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this.

To Contact WD for Technical Support
https://support.wdc.com/support/case.aspx?lang=en
The link below will allow you to call support.

Thank you. I have created a support case.

1 Like

Hi,

First of all, you should take your data backup as the drive may get failed anytime. And after taking backup just ask the seller to replace the drive.

Thanks for replying Oliver. I am moving all the data to another drive at the moment. As soon as this is done I will be sending the drive to WD for replacement.