We wait for a new firmware for Gen2

Dear support a considerable quantity of users WD Gen2 waits for a new insertion, before updating left simultaneously for Gen2 and Live, for Live already there was a new insertion, wait for completion for Gen2 .

Who agrees please be noted in this theme!

2 Likes

Yes, I agree. Representatives of the WD, please answer when a new firmware for WDTV Gen 2? For WDTV Live came out some new firmware that fix things (problems mkvmerge since version v4.1.0, PGS subtitles, DVD menus, and much more). For WDTV Gen2 firmware did not come out for a long time!!! Will WDTV Gen 2 is supported by the manufacturer?

I agree.

I agree, please see my post regarding .mp4 audio sync issues on the gen 2 HD media player. A new update needs to be released soon!!!

We wait new firmware with DVD menu and resolved problem with mkv (cĐľmpressed headers) for WD TV HD Gen2.

Do not forget your users.

I agree!!!

We’re waiting for new firmware release for WDTV G2!!!

Give DVD-menu and other to the masses!!!

I’ve bought Gen2 a year ago/ And there were no firmware since 1.0.77. And now I faced problems muxed in MKV Merge ver. 4.1. And numbers of files muxed in 4.1 mkv merge grows every day, so if there will be no firmware fixing that I will be have to change my WDTV on some other media player.  :frowning:

yes … yes, how can people make fun of and so disregard treat?
when will the fresh normal firmware?
:angry:

igogo wrote:

if there will be no firmware fixing that I will be have to change my WDTV on some other media player.

Right.  Because you can’t possibly fix the files you’ve stolen, yourself.

++++++++++++++

Re:Right. Because you can’t possibly fix the files you’ve stolen, yourself. –

And what files that look on WD :dizzy_face:

And corrections for this purpose it only Live is normal ?! )

and how it’s connected with mkv playback support??? it’s free to use container  and it’s content could be absolutely legal.  and it’s fixed in WDTV Live firmware.

1 Like

Alukard

RoofingGuy wrote:

igogo wrote:

if there will be no firmware fixing that I will be have to change my WDTV on some other media player.

Right.  Because you can’t possibly fix the files you’ve stolen, yourself.

WDTV gen 2 officially supports .mkv, compressed headers included in the specification mkv. Many manufacturers of players add support compressed headers in the new firmware for their players (including the WD for WDTV Live and Live+).
If you do not need a new firmware for the GEN 2, why write in this thread?

1 Like

Lesha wrote:

Because Western Digital says I can.  You don’t get to choose who’s allowed to reply to your posts and who can’t – any Community member can.

Asking for “representatives from WD” to respond, in a user-to-user forum seems pretty silly.  That’s not what this place is.  For the most part, the only WD “representative” to appear anywhere is the community’s Manager.

If the question is to WD and not to the community of users, then perhaps it should have been sent to WD and not to a community of WD users – especially if you don’t want other WD users replying to it.

The reference was here that more person has supported and WD it has seen, instead of the reference from 1 person !

RoofingGuy

We just want to WD did WDTV Gen2 is better, because as we all hope WD for all of us, not just the owners WDTV Live

2 Likes

RoofingGuy wrote:

Lesha wrote:

Because Western Digital says I can.  You don’t get to choose who’s allowed to reply to your posts and who can’t – any Community member can.

Asking for “representatives from WD” to respond, in a user-to-user forum seems pretty silly.  That’s not what this place is.  For the most part, the only WD “representative” to appear anywhere is the community’s Manager.

If the question is to WD and not to the community of users, then perhaps it should have been sent to WD and not to a community of WD users – especially if you don’t want other WD users replying to it.

You’ve read the first post topic?

Alukard wrote:

Dear support a considerable quantity of users WD Gen2 waits for a new insertion, before updating left simultaneously for Gen2 and Live, for Live already there was a new insertion, wait for completion for Gen2 .

Who agrees please be noted in this theme!

And if you’re not interested in the new firmware, what’s the point in your message here?

And what’s wrong with that manufacturer’s representative replied to a question whether the new firmware for the GEN 2 (which was not a year) for all users of this player?

1 Like

_ Now there’s one place where you can talk to each other about how you’re using WD products and services. _

_ Ask questions, swap ideas, post and read information, opinions, and tips with others. _

I don’t see anything about asking WD or getting replies from them, just talking with other users.

And the fact is that the compressed header issue is easily avoidable. My Gen1 plays every .mkv I throw at it. I don’t need to sit, hoping and praying, for WD to fix anything. (And for the Gen1 I know that no fix will ever be coming).

Just seems easier to me to actually watch the movies you’re stealing, by fixing them yourself, than to sit around complaining that you can’t watch them. But if you’d prefer to sit and wait for a fix to come, you’re welcome to do so. You’re even welcome to complain that you “can’t” watch any of your stolen movies. But then I’m welcome to point out that there’s a simple work-around until when/if any official fix comes from WD.

And the fact still remains that suggestions for improvements belong over in the Ideas Lab.  A request for a fix for the Gen2 header compression issue has been over there for quite some time, and many people have voted for it.  WD would seem to already be quite aware that Gen2 users want it.  The only question is whether WD will actually do it.  Extra threads complaining about it isn’tr really telling WD anything they don’t already know, and probably won’t make it happen any faster, if it’s even going to happen at all.

And the fact is that the compressed header issue is easily avoidable. My Gen1 plays every .mkv I throw at it. I don’t need to sit, hoping and praying, for WD to fix anything. (And for the Gen1 I know that no fix will ever be coming).

Did you notice we’re tralking about the Gen2 (ready my lips: Gen two) and new firmware for it, m? And if you stole some .mkv files and fixed them pls don’t even dream other user do the same. There are a lot of ways outside to get .mkv.

1 Like

tentoys wrote:

Did you notice we’re tralking about the Gen2 (ready my lips: Gen two)

Did you notice I offered a solution to the Gen2 issue?  Instead of waiting for WD to fix it?

And if you’re encoding the files yourself, knowing that it won’t play with compressed headers, but still compressing the headers, then that seems like just pure stupidity.

“Gee this last one won’t work 'cuz I compressed the headers… maybe if I compress them in this next one it will work… nope… maybe the next one?.. nope…”

It just seems logical that the people who complain about having a mountain of “broken” files, and more and more showing up every day, are downloading encodes that others have made, as opposed to encoding the files themselves.

But where the files come from is rather irrelevant as to whether the issue can be worked around.  The fix works just as well with legit files as it does with pirated files.

I never said any of mine were pirated.  The difference is, once I’d made an encode with a new version of mkvmerge and it didn’t work, I found out why it wasn’t working and stopped making them that way.  I never ended up with a mountain I had to fix… but even if I had, they could all be re-muxed in minutes.

The same fix for the Gen1 will work for the Gen2.  Thus it’s relevant to issues users are having with their Gen2.