WDTVLiveHub_ThemeDefinition_v1.0 (Here)

Searched my PC and Found it… (couldnt find it online anywhere, even including the WD Link: http://wdtvlive.com/themes)

Remember it’s a ‘Basic Guide’  Version 1.0 from WD.

WDTVLiveHub_ThemeDefinition_v1.0.pdf

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?yjmvhq7n14odbw6

https://hotfile.com/dl/149800305/c5784c6/WDTVLiveHub_ThemeDefinition_v1.0.pdf.html

http://www.wupload.com/file/2676729307/WDTVLiveHub_ThemeDefinition_v1.0.pdf

http://www.filejungle.com/f/tNzvmd/WDTVLiveHub_ThemeDefinition_v1.0.pdf

http://www.fileserve.com/file/GgJCbrZ/WDTVLiveHub_ThemeDefinition_v1.0.pdf

7 Likes

Thank you very much JoeySmyth  :smiley: :smiley:

You are such a help for this community - lots of guys at WD can really dream of performing like you !

@ Steffen_2009

No Probs  (Lucky i downloaded it nearly 12 months ago and still had it saved on my computer)

how did I miss that post??? I was looking for this for weeks, thanx Joey :smiley:

they are referring to the hub as “HE” :laughing:

little information. pity.

I search for example: seeking meaning

scale=“100” scale_type=“pan” ???

(Example: <image image=“@@album_cover” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“721” scale=“100” scale_type=“pan” align=“left” bg=“1”/>)

can anyone help

A Brief Explaination of Scale

Scale dictates the “absolute” Size of an image…

example: you have an image that is, say  320x240

Scale=“100”  will display it at the exact size  (ie “100” = 100% Exact Dimension)

So… for example your image is 320x240 and if you use the following code…

<image image=“@@album_cover” x=“0” y=“0” w=“640” h=“640” scale=“100” />

it will display your 320x240 at 640x640   Exactly

Now, saying that, it will also Stretch the image to those Dimensions.

To Keep Proper “Aspect Ratio” of the Original image… this is where the command

scale_type  comes into play…

Setting  scale_type=“fixratio”  will  Auto resize the image above to 640x480 (Lowering the Vertical Dimension to Keep it in Proper Aspect Ratio)

Setting  scale_type=“pan”  if your image is Larger than then Specified Dimension this Command will only display a Portion of the Image … the  align command specifies where to ‘pan’  top,bottom,left or right

Example: your image is 500x833 Dimension

<image image=“@@album_cover” x=“0” y=“0” w=“500” h=“500” scale=“100” scale_type=“pan” align=“top” />

This will Display a 500x500 “Wih the Bottom Cropped”  Image of the original 500x833 image.

bg=“1”  (bg = background) this command sets images “On top of”  or  “Under of” other elements. 

Controls the order of the layers of visual elements.

3 Likes

thanks, now i understand :slight_smile:

sorry, what is the differenz between image=“@@info_album_artist (show the ID3-Tag-Cover or XML.jpg in the AEonish i think) and  image=“@@album_cover (show what???)

it is possible in the AEonish-Theme (when the music plays) to see a Album-Cover in the CD-Jewel-Case in the left corner und a different Background from the Song/CD/Artist on the hole Screen?

" … Is it possible in the AEonish-Theme (when the music plays) to see a Album-Cover in the CD-Jewel-Case in the left corner und a different Background from the Song/CD/Artist on the hole Screen? "

In the first post of Æonish Hub FR Revision 2 we see this:

So you would probably like to have the same like the left screen, but with a kind of  a dynamic band-cover background for the recently received “now-playing”  ?

So that the artist-cover background will change , the way the CD jewel case changes on the now-playing menue screen.  Very amazing feature for music-fans like me, too…

I thought you already made this modifikation yourself, mMcCorner.:smiley:

Try changing "… … "  in the rv_home.xml

Have you done this (replacing it with variables) ?

sorry, I do not see the picture, I did not understand.
Look in the first post of Æonish FR Revision 2 → Images:
Column 1, Line 1 + 4: CD Case with Album Cover (dynamic) and static backround picture.
Column 2, Line 4: CD Case with Album Cover (dynamic) and backround too (same picture, cropped top and bottom).

I would like the Album Cover in the down left corner (album cover art to 300x300 → square) AND a dynamic background (with a different image), e.g. Artist image.

The Way With The is a static background image.

I have chance the rv_home.xml, so i have a Dynamic Backround. So that the artist-cover background will change, the way the CD jewel case changes on the now-playing screen menue is fine, but it is the same picture. and a 300x300 Album- Cover strech to 1280x720 Backround means that the top and bottom is crop. I would keep the cover in 300x300. and an additional image (Artist) with 1280x720 background. understand me?

Thought: image=“@@info_album_artist” is another Image than image=“@@album_cover” but see no image with image=“@@album_cover”… so my first Question.

sorry, what is the differenz between image=“@@info_album_artist (show the ID3-Tag-Cover or XML.jpg in the AEonish i think) and  image=“@@album_cover (show what???)

Yes, the picture is from line 4, exactly what you have written.

I have ÆonishHub.Rv2.ID3.2.07.17_NP installed now, but no idea

how to get different dynamic pictures on the home screen.

What did you change in rv_home.xml for the line

<page background=  ???  />    ?

<?xml version="1.0"?>

with

you have the statik background (here a special jpg from me) if no Album-cover in the aktuall song.

with

<image image=“@@info_album_artist” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” align=“left” scale_type=“pan” scale=“100” bg=“1”/>

you have the dynamic Album-Cover for the now-playing song.

The dynamic Album-cover is on every Main-screen with an overlay. like the now-Playin-overlay in the last post from JoeySmyth  http://www.mediafire.com/?vf86f28d1qd4ry2

or e.g. the Main.Music.sheet in the original AEonish.

you can download Overlays from all Main-Screen from the first Post in the AEonish-Tread:

look for FIRMWARE REVISION 2.07.17 - Home Png Graphics for Custom Home Screen

Today I got really amazing cover-backgrounds … thanks to Joey and his AEONISH !

What I did:

1. Save a high res image into the mp3 files, I did with 1600 * 1200 px.

There is NO limit there , well okay your mp3 files get bigger (but who really cares about that (an extra image)  today …)

1. changed the rv_home.xml to
<?xml version="1.0"?>
  1. Best thing:

This is working WITHOUT media  libaray and WITHOUT any xml-sheets at all.

Result:

Changing album covers in the CD case AND a dynamic changing high quality background.

Open question:

The album cover background is showing just at the VIDEO home-screen of the menue …

Do you have it at “now playing” and what do I have to do get it there ?

(sorry if it is writte in some documentation or forum, the AEONISH is such a powerful BUT also complex theme,

it takes serveral days to understand it)

i wrote it above:

look to the “AEonish FR”-Tread, Side 88, Post 2. Donwload the AEonishID3_NP with NOW-Playing-MAIN-Menue.

The “Overlay” for the Now Playing is Located along with the XML files… if you want to design or use your own background  (HomeScreenNowPlayingOverlay.png). you rename the Overlay in “main_music_nowplaying_n.png” and put it in the Folder “image”. If you dont want to have a Backround in the Video-main-sheet you get the “main_videos_icon_n.png” in the original AEonis (this ist with the Batman-Backround) and put it in the Folder “images” too.

But you can download all Overlays from all Main-Screen from the first Post in the AEonish-Tread:

look for FIRMWARE REVISION 2.07.17 - Home Png Graphics for Custom Home Screen

and you are free to make your own Mainsreen or get the dynamic Desktop. Remember: if you have only the overlay, the albumcover will be the Backround (if playing).

Open question:

high res image into the mp3 files, with 1600 * 1200 px. → how much is the filesize from the image (not the mp3).

i Think 1920x1080(HDMI) is the best, but it is only the best for the Desktop (TV). for the CD-Case (square) it looks like clinched (german: gestaucht). so i think it is better to have a square image…

Been, iLL

All slight modifications to Æonish Hub Theme based on user requests means the “Home Screen” xmls and “Layers” need to be adjusted.

The “3” Versions Below have different Code and Object Layering

Æonish Hub - FR Revision 2  FIRMWARE REVISION 2.07.17
Æonish Hub - FR Revision 2  FIRMWARE REVISION 2.07.17 (MUSIC ID3) MOD
Æonish Hub - FR Revision 2  NP (Now Playing) MOD

As far as Maximum (or “Native”) Resolution for “Full Screen” Pictures / Fanart / Moviesheets are concerned…

use 1280x720…  because thats the “Native Resolution” for the Hubs’ and SMP OSD / GUI Interface.

Using a Higher Resolution … you probably wont gain anything, in terms of visual quality.

1 Like

@Joey: gute Besserung (Get well soon!)

@Steven: in your code:

Line 3:

I think you have no Image, if no song is playing. there for I think it is better like me, image with a special Image.

Line  9:

that is right to have a dynamic Backround, the AlbumCover of the song, which is playing.

By the way, with “fixratio” all images are clinched if they not in the native resolution (1600x1200 is like 4:3 – my TV is HDMI 1920x1080 like 16:9 like 1280*x720 → “Native Resolution” for the Hubs’ and SMP OSD / GUI Interface.) Maybe scale_type=“pan” scale=“100” is better (crop big Pictures)

@all:

unresolved issues:

@all:

unresolved issues:

sorry, what is the differenz between image=“@@info_album_artist (show the ID3-Tag-Cover or XML.jpg in the AEonish i think) and image=“@@album_cover (show what???)

As far as i can tell, after a quick test , they do the “Same Thing” 

They are differently named “Variables” for Different Views which accomplish the same result in accordance to the developers programming in the Firmware. (Different Development Teams worked on Different Views which is the explanation for the inconsistency of syntax)

eg. Example of 2 Separate “Views”  different syntax … same result

album_playback.xml
<image image=“@@album_cover” x=“70” y=“43” w=“104” h=“104” align=“hcenter” scale_type=“fixratio” scale=“100” />

inc_generic_now_playing.xml
<image image=“@@info_album_artist” x=“325” y=“36” w=“32” h=“32” scale=“100” scale_type=“fixratio”/>

2 Likes

Yes, get well , soon , Joey !

Thanks yor your answers, Joey & MmCorner.

Today a have tried serveral combinations (libary on/off, pictures in folder mp3, xml).

And for the home-screen I just get one result.

Even if there are more variables, and I think it is a bug in the firmware.

The Hub/SMP is having different @@variables for album, band.

And, looking at MP3tag for mp3 cover types, a mp3 file can have 19 (!) different covers.

But from the Hub/SMP they are just regarded as one picture … always taking the first embedded in the file,

not caring about the cover type.

Only in the list-view with different folder.jpgs is is possibe (only for me ?) to show different pictures of the band and of the album .

@Steffen_2009

Correct, the ID3 Tag Image and/or a JPG Image of the Album Cover are Treated as “One” or the Same Image

folder.jpg  is the “Folder” image … which is a Separate Image

Just like how it works for “Movies” when viewing in Filter > Folders.

The “Problem”  with “List View” is … the view is “Shared” with Videos and Photos … which i guess is not a Problem if you are only using the Hub/Smp for “Music”

The 'Original" Aeonish Hub Theme uses “Musicsheets” to try to solve all these Issues…  ie. a sheet that ‘doubles’ as the Album Cover and the Artist Fanart Image.

P.S. I dont use my Hub to Play Music, Im a Movie Fan … so forgive my lack of knowledge with all things music related.

1 Like