WDTVLiveHub_ThemeDefinition_v1.0 (Here)

I like our Hub/SMP , because it is such a  flexible and fast player.

For music it is really one of the best, NOT (only) because of its price.

By using its optical out and with an with an external Digital-Audio Converter or AV-Amp

HIFI dreams come true …

But if someone is intrested in HIFI and takes looks at the original GUI , he’ll never buy it …

The rare (and deaf :stuck_out_tongue:) WD development department is concentrating on streaming / movies / internet-services .

Well, it’s no suprise that you Joey and other theme designers & architects are more “visual” people,

it is good for the layout :wink:

But even an accustic-man needs to see more - a better GUI than the original one.

This part of the design is (if used) seen more often,

there is no movie coming up who needs full-screen :laughing:

About:

" … folder.jpg  is the “Folder” image … which is a Separate Image …"

Is there a way to show the folder.jpg on the home-screens ?

We would get two variables that way .

Using one for the band (folder.jpg) and the other one for the album (from the mp3 oder XML)

Is there a way to show the folder.jpg on the home-screens ?

We would get two variables that way .

No, because that’s in Firmware

1 Like

Botheration - FW !

With my last joker I hope to find something with this:

Strange .wd_tv / thumb-folders … first time after accessing a picture file the Hub?/STMP is generating serveral thumbs in different sizes.

Like these thumbs from your  “TheMusicPackage” .

For Evanescence we get for the first song these thumb-files:

1. What You Want.mp3.thumb_50x50

2. What You Want.mp3.thumb_104x104

3. What You Want.mp3.thumb_215x217

Is there a way to get access to them in the home screens, something similar like

<image image=“thumb_folder_icon://th0” default_image=“@@thumb_folder_0_default_image” x=“60” y=“210” />

in rv_music_browse_page.xml  ?

It is enough for today … good night everyone !

Is there a way to get access to them in the home screens, something similar like

<image image=“thumb_folder_icon://th0” default_image=“@@thumb_folder_0_default_image” x=“60” y=“210” />

in rv_music_browse_page.xml  ?

The “Home Screen”  Behavior is coded in Firmware … you can’t  “add”  a command to the Home Screen linking a reference to another XML,  that has not been coded in the Firmware.

1 Like

Steffen_2009 wrote:

I like our Hub/SMP , because it is such a  flexible and fast player.

For music it is really one of the best, NOT (only) because of its price.

(But even an accustic-man needs to see more - a better GUI than the original one.

This part of the design is (if used) seen more often,

there is no movie coming up who needs full-screen :laughing:)

yes, i manly use it for music. and the hub is the best, together with the AEonishID3_NP-Theme. only the new Mamba1.4 is similar. but i love the clear strukture of the AEonish Theme with the Music-Cover-backround.

:smiley:

So I am at the road’s end with that.

The only thing I found out is this:

At the  albumplayback.xml the Hub/SMP provides us something like different picture images.

You can test it with the following szenario (media libary turned “OFF” or “ON” has no influence on the result)

• MP3s with embedded DIFFERENT images

• In one folder, the first is a high res band picture, rest are the album pictures)

• we play the music of the whole folder

• having the default mochi theme we have two variables for images

a.) image=“@@album_icon

b.) image=“@@album_cover

The image a.) stays for a longer time/static (?) while image b.) is directly changing as soon as a new song is played.

Both are being displayed at the same time.

So I think a re-design on albumplayback.xml COULD lead to one big band image (like a background)

and at the same time a dynamic changing album picture (over it, in the front).

The albumplayback.xml’s of most themes look like the list-browse view (but with controls and progress bar etc).

Some more variety there ? With Joey’s last found of reflection coding - well perhaps it is something when there is some time again…

Thank you again for your help … !

I think it is a hard way to become a devine theme designer & architect like you Joey and the others  :wink:

@ Steffen_2009

Open question:

high res image into the mp3 files, with 1600 * 1200 px. → how much is the filesize from the image (not the mp3).

It is 294 KB.

Hhm, strange , the MP3 with embedded image is smaller , just 263 KB,

the MP3 without any image is just 133 KB.

@ JoeySmyth

what is the meanig of " @@album_art" and “@@artist_icon

in code:

screensaver_album_playback.xml:

Line 3:   <image image=“@@ album_art” x_offset=“@@album_art_x” y_offset=“@@album_art_y” w=“96”  h=“96”/>

background_view_bio.xml:

Line 17: <image image=“@@ artist_icon”  x=“79” y=“47” w=“138” h=“138” scale=“100”/>

By the way … (I know you asked Joey, I don’t want to push myself forward :wink:)

Yesterday I put  the @@artist_icon into the rv_home.xml for getting dynamic page backgrounds

The result was an awful crash at booting-up, I had to factory-reset my machine.

Steffen_2009 wrote:

By the way … (I know you asked Joey, I don’t want to push myself forward :wink:)

Yesterday I put  the @@artist_icon into the rv_home.xml for getting dynamic page backgrounds

• *> * * *
      Steffen_2009 wrote:

you just had to replace the file with the original and it would load fine again.

1 Like

Ah, thanks for this information, Dev.

I keep in mind for the  future (and I’ll be lucky NOT to loose my RSS-feeds and other stuff because of resetting …)

i had a crash because i startet a different Code with </Wrapper… and not with <Wraper… (without “/”)

a copyandpaste-fault by myself

maybe it is the same in your code (or similar)

*Tip*

If you “Crash” your Hub … With the WDTV Live Remote Control just keep “Tapping” the “Setup” Button while it’s Rebooting.

It will eventually *Boot* to the Default Mochi Theme.

Then … fix the error and Apply your Modified Theme again …

No need to do any *Factory Resetting*

1 Like

Yes, the hub/SMP really likes correct XML-language :wink:

Beginning of XML-tags always with a “<”  otherwise it gets on strike …hehe :wink:

Well, has some (unskilled beginner) already “killed” a Hub/smp in some way ?

Ive Crashed my Hub at least a 100 times in the last year … i will let you know when i finally *brick it* :smileyvery-happy:

P.S. You cant really *Kill It* editing XMLs … Because there’s always the Fallback.

Messing About with “Firmware” will potentially “Brick” Something.

The hub always start with the Video-Page (all Themes)

it is possible to start with the Music-page?

@mMcCorner

The hub always start with the Video-Page (all Themes)

it is possible to start with the Music-page?

“Home Screen”  Start Selection is Firmware Controlled.

Answer: No

1 Like

ok :cry:

So following the philosphy of AEONISH Music-show-case (sheets generally) I got this result yesterday night:

The aim was showing a dynamic (changig ) band-art background and album-cover at the home screen at the same time.

Don’t be suprised … it is just a working experiment with a Darklight Beta2 & Aeonish symbiosis :wink:

What I did: Everything is already written here in this thread FROM JOEY (Thank you :smiley:).

Short summary:

Post7:
 (…) Setting  scale_type=“pan”  if your image is Larger than then Specified Dimension this Command will only display a Portion of the Image … the  align command specifies where to ‘pan’  top,bottom,left or right (…)

Post16:
 (…)  As far as Maximum (or “Native”) Resolution for “Full Screen” Pictures / Fanart / Moviesheets are concerned… use 1280x720 … because thats the “Native Resolution” for the Hubs’ and SMP OSD / GUI Interface  (…)

Post20:
 (…)  The 'Original" Aeonish Hub Theme uses “Musicsheets” to try to solve all these Issues…  ie. a sheet that ‘doubles’ as the Album Cover and the Artist Fanart Image. (…)

1st step

I created with graphic programme a “double-music-JPG-band&cover” -combination picture with 2000x720 pixels.

Left side is the band-cover with 1280x720 and right side album cover with 720*720.

2nd step

Changing parameters  in the Image-tag to display right/left side of the new “double-music-JPG-band&cover” Combination picture -Combination

So for getting the band-“background” Cover on the rv_home.xml the coding was changed to

<image image=“@@info_album_artist” x=“0” y=“0” w=“1280” h=“720” scale_type=“pan” scale=“100” align=“left” bg=“1”/>

3rd step

Also changing the CD-jewel case to display the right part of the “double-music-JPG-band&cover” -combination picture.

If the “double-music-JPG-band&cover” -combination JPGs are embedded in the mp3 files, the libary can be turned “OFF” . If they are not embedded, then using them with an additional XMLshould be possible.

Well, it is enough for this show-case … automated creation of the  “double-music-JPG-band&cover” -combination pictures (with TG ?) is a topic for later …