WDTV can't find WD My Cloud

Hi guys, I’m using WDTV to play media files from WD My Cloud. Now it seems to be not able to find my cloud unless restart. So every time if I want to play a movie or something, I need to restart WDTV so it can find my cloud. Is there any specific configuration for both of them to work better? Thanks.

haven’t used my My Cloud is a little white … but when i did, i had no problems with the WDTV

dunno … go into the My Cloud settings and de-activate Power Saving / Idle settings

maybe when the My Cloud goes to “Sleep” the WDTV can’t wake it up, unless you restart the WDTV

anyways, just a “guess”  :neutral_face:

Thanks for the reply. Actually I deactivated the sleep mode since day 1, Dlna server as well.

:cry:  i not sure what it could be then … maybe someone else will chime in with an idea

dunnoguit wrote:

Hi guys, I’m using WDTV to play media files from WD My Cloud. Now it seems to be not able to find my cloud unless restart. So every time if I want to play a movie or something, I need to restart WDTV so it can find my cloud. Is there any specific configuration for both of them to work better? Thanks.

Are you shutting down your My Cloud while the WD TV is on, or does it stay on 24x7?

One possible reason the WD can’t find it after some time is if the Master Browser on your network is failing…

They are both on and off at the same time as they are connected with the same power board. I turn them off when I don’t need them.

Well, yeah, if your are booting them at the same time, and the cloud takes so much longer to boot than the WD, how would the WD TV find it when it’s booted long before the My Cloud is ready?

By the way, you ARE safely shutting down the my cloud before switching it off, right?

Thanks man, that makes sense, I’m not comfortable to leave my cloud on all the time. I assume as lomg as they are static IP, they should find each other without problems. And yes, I always go to dashboard to shut down my cloud first.

I don’t know how long the WDTV will wait, but I do know the WDTV won’t wait long…