Help - "No Video Files Found"

OMG! Please Help. I am freaking out here.
We just bought this WD MYCLOUD thing and up until the other day it was working perfectly. I am NOT a computer person and most of this stuff is over my head…
So here is the problem. When i connect to the WD my cloud (via network connection on my smart tv) it says “No video files found on the connected device”, but when i am on my laptop and have the mycloud open i see the movies i have put on there and can play them through VLC just fine.

For some reason my smart tv and my cloud do not want to be friends. I can no longer watch my videos on the smart tv and i don’t know why or what to do to fix this. i have been googling for hours and still nothing. i have tried updating the WD cloud, i have tried unplugging it and plugging it back in. i have tried everything i can think of and still nothing. please help. i might start crying soon.

What model/brand is the smart TV.

Have you tried rebooting the My Cloud and letting it boot till the front LED is solid blue?

Are the movie files in a format supported by the TV’s media player?

The TV I have is a samsung smart tv. How to I reboot the mycloud? And yes
all the movies I had on my cloud were working fine for like a week and then
I don’t know what happened. One day they were just all gone.
We had a pretty bad storm the other night that knocked out our Internet for
like an hour and I’m wondering if that has something to do with the
problems I’m dealing with now.

You can reboot the My Cloud by accessing the My Cloud Dashboard, navigating to the Settings > Utilities > Device Maintenance > Reboot.

If you lost power and or the broadband router was reset and the problems surfaced after the power or broadband router came back online, it is possible the My Cloud’s IP address has changed which could possibly have caused the Samsung TV to have trouble finding the My Cloud. You may want to refer to your TV’s user manual for the procedure on how to find and access DLNA content or to access content on a network attached storage device.