WDPR2100 shows its full although its empty

I have a 4TB (2TB each) RAID 1 MyCloud PR2100. It has been used in a small office for file sharing. recently it started showing its full 292 GB left although all files have been migrated and deleted from the shares. I’ve tried to look for backups (I’m not sure if they were configured or not) but didn’t find the backup option from MyCloud website. As per product documentation, the backup option should appear in the navigation bar, but it doesn’t exist in my case.

Intrestingly, when I logged in via ssh I found the HD_a2 (most propably the primary drive) was using 1.6 TB, however though, all shares created on that drive are empty (less than 10 MB). After multiple tries I was able to find some files in the “Recycle bin” (which are the office files that have been migrated) they are located in /mnt/HD/HD_a2/.!@#$recycle/nobody/"Old Share Name", the files cannot be moved or copied, everytime I try to copy a file to a different directory (an exisiting empty share) it gives me “directory not found” message.

Any idea why I cannot find the backups options from the NAS website?

And how can I list the data in the second drive, since its RAID 1 that means the data must be copied to the second drive?

Is there a way that will allow me to view the files, take what I want from them and delete the rest to free up space?

Note that I have not configured the NAS when it frist came, the person who configured it left the office and is not reachable.

I’m attaching a screenshot from the main page as a reference.

Hi @faisalao,

You should try contacting WD’s Technical Support about this for live assistance and troubleshooting.

To Contact WD for Technical Support

support.wdc.com