WDMyCloudEX2 is missing

Hello everyone,

I could not find a dedicated discussion for this issue of the My Cloud EX2. If it has been somewhere, please help give me the link.
It appears WD Sync does not work well with My Cloud EX2 or the EX2 is faulty. Or perhaps the latest firmware is faulty?

I think so because I have two NAS: a white one-drive 4TB My Cloud and a black two-drive 10TB My Cloud EX2.
I can do file management just fine on both devices. However, WD Sync has issues with EX2.
My Cloud has been working well since roughly two years ago. I bought the EX2 few months ago. The EX2 is reported “missing” most of the time (Please see attached screenshot). When I reinstalled WD Sync, it worked for few hours then reported “WDMyCloudEX2 is missing.” My point is WD Sync works with My Cloud but not EX2.

WD Sync works fine with My Cloud on my old 2011 MacBook Pro, 2017 iMac, Dell Latitude 3450.
It appears WD Sync does not work well with EX2 or the EX2 is faulty. Or perhaps the latest firmware is faulty?

For the moment, to safeguard my materials, I use Time Machine and it works on both My Cloud and EX2.

The WD Sync app is missing on WD page too. The download link gave me an “updater,” not the app itself. I found the old WD Sync installer in my software storage. (I submitted a ticket to WD portal and am waiting).

I appreciate your help and thank you in advance!

51%20AM

I installed the newer version of WD Sync and my EX2 now works fine.

See this to see how I got the new WD Sync:
https://community.wd.com/t/my-cloud-ex2-software-for-mac-not-available/228905/2