WD TV Live Plus - Storage Capacity

Hello,

I current have one of the above and use 2 external 1TB disks to store my movies.

These drives are now getting full, it seems that the media player does not support more than 2TB of external storage, is this correct?

No, that’s not correct.

You can attach 2 HD’s, and they can be of any size, as long as they appear as a SINGLE HD to the USB host (so USB enclosures that have 4 drives in them usually do NOT work unless they appear to the computer as ONE LARGE DRIVE.)

Hello,

I have the 1TB’s each in a single ICYBOX, they utilize the 2 USB ports on the player, one for each ICYBOX.

So your saying that I could use 1 of the 1TB drives and buy a 2TB drive and all would work?

Yeah, it should…

hi there

• exactly [as above] 

• me I am using with one usb 3tb book  and the second usb is with 1tb passport

• all works fine and well 

• all those two visible on screen as usb1 or  usb2

regards

pawson

Hi, Could anyone confirm if the new WDTV Live Streaming Media Player supports USB hubs? I would like to add more than two USB HDDs.  Thanks.

Not officially, but yes.

pawson wrote:

hi there

• exactly [as above] 
  • me I am using with one usb 3tb book  and the second usb is with 1tb passport
  • all works fine and well 
  • all those two visible on screen as usb1 or  usb2

regards

pawson

He’s right.

I’m using a 6TB nas, and the my live+ works great with it. I have never used a usb drive with it. so my experience may vary based on usage

Yep, got it working today, bought a WD 2TB drive, everythings OK.

Thanks for your help.