WD TV Live with multiple external hard drives?

I am transferin my entire video collection  to external hard drives so it will be for the most part 100% on demand, and I won’t have to search for disks if I want to watch a movie.

I currently have 2 external drives, 3 TB each, and will be adding a third soon.

My question is, can I use something like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Plugable-Adapter-firmware-backwards-compatibility/dp/B008ZGKWQI/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1381558488&sr=8-1&keywords=usb+3.0+hub

to have all of them connected and working on the WD TV Live at the same time?  If so that would be outstanding.

AlsoI would like to find a USB selector, if possible, that would connect the above device (if it works), to both the WD TV Live, and to my PC for ease of transfering videos.  I know they couldn’t be connected and in use by the PC and WD TV Live, thats fine, I would just like a toggle switch or botton selector or something so that I wouldn’t have to constantly plug and unplug to move from PC to TV Live and back.

Thanks in advance.

AFAIK, the Live / Live Plus don’t support USB Hubs.

I have multiple external hard drives connected to my desktop computer and can access them with my WDTV Live through the Media Library function. But I only have one HD connected directly to the device itself.

JohnS43 wrote:

I have multiple external hard drives connected to my desktop computer and can access them with my WDTV Live through the Media Library function. But I only have one HD connected directly to the device itself.

…then you’re using the WDTV Live SMP, which DOES support USB hubs.

TonyPh12345 wrote:

JohnS43 wrote:

…then you’re using the WDTV Live SMP, which DOES support USB hubs.

I’m not sure what you’re getting at. I’m not using a USB hub.

If you are using a Media Library Function on shared drives from your computer, then you have the WDTV Live SMP.

This forum is about the older Live / Live+, so your comments are about an entirely different platform than the one owned by the person asking the question.