WD TV Live Media Player not recognising Seagate 1TB Hard Drive

When my WD 500GB stopped working I bought a 1TB Seagate Expansion Hard Drive that is on the NTFS system. After plugging it into my WD media player, the player does not recognise the Seagate format. I did try (on Windows 10 reformatting to exFAT (the only other option) and this also did not work. I do have the latest firmware.

exFAT is not supported on WDTV Media Players.

I have several WD external hard drives … portables / desktops 1TB, 2TB, 3TB, 4TB … all work fine with my WDTV’s (all formatted NTFS and MBR Partitioned … except a 4TB portable which is GPT Partitioned NTFS and that works fine as well)

Hello Joey,

Thank you for your response however what I don’t understand is that according to my WD manual it states it recognises NTFS format and the Seagate (which works on all my other laptops and TV’s) has NTFS as he default format.

Regards
Paul Naylor

dunno … all i can say is

All of my NTFS formatted Western Digital Hard Drives work fine without any issues with the WDTV

I stopped buying Seagate hard drives years ago due to their poor reliability and compatibility (that’s just my personal experience / opinion)

But, if you read the forum posts some people have no issues with Seagates (good for them)

Maybe it’s a Windows 10 thing ?

Some people have reported hard drives no longer working with WDTV’s after upgrading to Windows 10 (i’m running Windows 7)

Maybe try reading this post (below) and see it resolves the issue