WD TV Live Hub won't boot, won't reset

My WD TV Live Hub stopped booting. It stays stuck on the splash screen. I’ve tried powering down and also the reset button, but nothing changes.The reset button seems to have no effect. I held it for a few seconds, 10 seconds, and longer, but nothing happens at all.

Any ideas?

Other info I should add - When powering up, the WD light at the front of the box doesn’t blink like during a working power-up. It just comes on and stays steady. The splash screen comes up fairly quickly and stays there forever. The remote works for turning the box on and off, but that’s all it does.

I tried booting the latest FW using USB, but it still never gets off the splash screen. I’m guessing the box is in the toast category.

could be the hard drive is toast, open up the hub and remove the hard drive, and test it in a caddy

Thanks, fender. That’s likely what it is. We decided to just retire the box. We’ve got other ways to play all the content that the WD box gave us, and I don’t have the equipment to troubleshoot down to the drive level. It was a nice box while it lasted, but the lack of support from WD makes this a dead end anyway.

you could buy a used 3.5 inch hard drive off ebay and stick in inside 500gb cheap, just to see if it is the hard drive at fault, if so cheap easy fix worth a punt, or if you dont want it ill take it off your hands, i like to tinker with things