WD TV Live Hub Limited Public Beta Firmware Version 2.04.13 (3/3/11)

Hello,

what is exactly: Incorporated correct language translation ?

Pretty decent release!

some lags that i encountered due to backdrops loads when going through movies in gallery view seems to have dissapeared!

in audio/video options–>

passthrough via hdmi

you can now know which types of audio files your receiver decode!!! Great addition!!!

boucher wrote:

Hello,

what is exactly: Incorporated correct language translation ?

It means they redid a lot of the international language prompt and menu texts (several of them had pretty stupid translation errors) and incorporated them into this firmware.

example : some german terms in french language interface :smileyvery-happy:

Thank you for Deezer - its realy nice music service with good sound quality.

Notices the bugs

1. Search don’t work with two or more words, for example I type ‘bad boys blue’ - autocomplete work for first word only.
  2. Search with USB keyboard don’t work tab button for move to autocomplete list and back. 
  3. Autocomplete list in search not sorted alphabetically
  4. Search results are sorted in a strange order (not alphabetically)

I like the new features and fixes, but still not fixed my main bugbears.

1. Metadata for folders, why does it show up and its not even useable ???

2. Selecting Videos from the top menu, still shows the drives and then the drive name and then the videos, Why not just show the videos.

Its crazy these 2 simple things aren’t fixed yet.

Will there be more added to this firmware before release or do we wait another 4 months and then WD move on to the next product again ?

1.  Not sure what you mean by this.

On my hub, when I select Videos, I immediately see my shared folders:

“Movies 1,”  “Movies 2,”  “TV Shows,” “Kids Movies”  etc.

I don’t see Drives, then Drive Names

I assume you’re using LOCAL STORAGE, and you’re telling it to view by FOLDER.   If you don’t want to see the entry points, then change your FILTER settings.

Does anybody know what was changed or have a better description in relation to the following item from the release notes:

• Supports 7.1 channel audio passthrough

I’m currently using the latest non beta release firmware for my hub and I get 7.1 output from it via HDMI and True HD.

Just curious.

Thanks

Small bug in the firmware, it doesn’t like the ‘&’ sign if in the metadata xml, it throws the Hub and you get junk instead of ‘&’ showing

Craig1231 wrote:

Does anybody know what was changed or have a better description in relation to the following item from the release notes:

I’m currently using the latest non beta release firmware for my hub and I get 7.1 output from it via HDMI and True HD.

Just curious.

Thanks

I think there was a bug related to 7.1 PCM. I’ll try to find the original bug report to be sure.

1 Like

So far it seems like a lot of great changes and fixes :smiley:

The 3 new web services is very nice, especially tunein radio which makes a lot of local stations available.

However there are some things I hope to see fixed in the final release:

• Folder XML still don’t work
  • Photo thumbnail are auto-rotated if the orientation isn’t right, but once I view the picture I have to manually rotate it to see it in the right orientation!
  • Sorting photos by file date is worthless in my opinion, much better if we could sort by date taken!
  • I know this isn’t for requests, but please make it so that folder images are hidden when viewing pictures in general, there’s absolutely no need for them to show up when browsing pictures!
  • Since I’ve installed this beta firmware I’ve had a few occasionally freezes and they seem to be random, hopefully it’s gone in the final release!

All in all things are improved, so in my book - Mission almost accomplished :smiley:

TonyPh12345 wrote:

1.  Not sure what you mean by this.

On my hub, when I select Videos, I immediately see my shared folders:

â€œMovies 1,”  â€œMovies 2,”  â€œTV Shows,” “Kids Movies”  etc.

I don’t see Drives, then Drive Names

I assume you’re using LOCAL STORAGE, and you’re telling it to view by FOLDER.   If you don’t want to see the entry points, then change your FILTER settings.

I’m only using local drives, internal and 2 usb. The USB ones are the worst, as you have to select them twice before getting to the movies.

Tried using the filters last night and that only results if loosing all directory structures and everything being viewable in a flat view.

IMHO, this is still a bug,  unless I’m really doing it wrong.

Guy_K wrote:

Craig1231 wrote:

Just curious.

Thanks

I think there was a bug related to 7.1 PCM. I’ll try to find the original bug report to be sure.

It would be funny if you have fixed 7.1 PCM, because 5.1 PCM still doesn’t work! :slight_smile:

indeed, make 5.1 PCM work please. thats a big issue for me

We will be rolling this firmware live, shortly.  Will close this thread and open another for the firmware release.