WD TV Live Hub 1TB Media Center + Western Digital My Passport Ultra 2 TB Portable Hard Drive

Hey, I’ve had a “WD TV Live Hub 1TB Media Center” for years and have been very happy with it until now.

I purchased a “WD My Book 4 TB USB 3.0 Hard Drive” recently to expand my storage on the unit, the media center told me it does not support hard drives larger than 2TB. So I returned it and bought a “Western Digital My Passport Ultra 2 TB Portable Hard Drive” instead. This unit is now not being recognized at all by the system.

Has anyone else had this problem or have any tips on solving it?? I am running a Mac and have formatted the drive as EXFAT. Am I doing something wrong? I’m pretty frustrated.

Thanks

J

Welcome to the Community.

exFAT is not compatible with the WD TV Live Hub HD Media Center. You will need to re-format your hard drive to FAT32, NTFS (Windows), or HFS+ (Mac).

2 Likes

Thanks! The harddrive is recognized now by the hub, but when I go to play the videos they freeze and speed up back and forth and are not playing smoothly. Is there a reason for this?

Thanks so much for your help so far!

J

On this case you would need to test of the issue relates to this WD Passport in particular or your media player by testing the same video files with a different hard drive.

Hey WD community! Just wanted to share my experience with the Western Digital WDBA5G0030BBK-WESN Black P10 3TB Game Portable Hard Drive, perfect for expanding my Xbox storage. Got it through Esaitech, and their service was impeccable - fast shipping and a great deal. Highly recommend checking out Esaitech for all your WD expansion needs!