Wd tv live freezes after a while - remote not responding

Hello,

I’ve using using without any issues the WD TV live for two years now.

Most of the time, I have a WD passport 500go connected; sometimes a WD passport 2to.

Firmware 2.02.32 has been installed since it release & everything was doing fine (WD Live TV is linked with a ethernet cable to my router).

Since a couple of days, when playing a film (usually, a *.mkv file), it freeze after after a couple of minutes (up to 30mn).

Picture stay frozen on TV and the remote isn’t responding.

When manually checking for a new firmware, the serach fails asking me to check my internet connection.

When checking if the WD TV live is connected, I get a postive result.

I’ve resetted the WD with the reset button underneath it. Did help.

I’ve tried also to reinstall the firmware putting the files on a USB drive. Nothing happened.

Basically, I’m stuck.

If you have any idea, I’ll be glad to try it!

eric

Hi Eric,

I’ve been experiencing the very same issues here. I just have not rolled back firmware yet, but the problems are the same. I’d also used it well since 2013.

Cheers

Bruno

Rollback to last firmware work perfect and all my players are working again.

how can you roll back to a previous firmware?

Where can I download it?

What is odd is that my problem didn’t happen right after upgrading to the lastet firmware…

eric_T wrote:

Where can I download it?

This question is asked and answered so many times on this forum by people who don’t search I’ve made a canned reply.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/5860/

eric_T wrote:

Where can I download it?

What is odd is that my problem didn’t happen right after upgrading to the lastet firmware…

or try my step by step guide

http://community.wd.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/2-02-32-Firmware-no-longer-allows-content/m-p/781937#M32423

Thanks JoeySmyth,

I did manage to roll back & so far, it seems to be working fine, like before!

Good job; better than WD french support!

eric

I have been having this issue now for a short time, very annoying.  I noticed it right after I connected a WD 3tb drive to it (might just be a fluke), even after removing it and doing a complete factory reset it still does this.  I have been running current FW since the day it came out and it never gave trouble until very recently.  I do not wish to roll back due to being able to access SiriusXM on the unit in Canada.  I think if I continue to have issues I will just go with a better unit from another company as I had the previous gen model and it just decided to stop working on netflix all together, so now I have 2 players that do not work properly.