WD Community

WD TV firmware question

I use WD TV mostly for streaming from NAS and Netflix.

But WD TV always crashes when trying to use YouTube with firmware 2.02.32.

Looks like WD TV players are not going to get updates anymore.

Will downgrading to 2.01.86 solve the YouTube issue? I don’t really need Miracast.

Thanks.

More than likely yes.  The youtube app is especially problematic on 2.02.32.

WD needs to admit that there is a firmware problem and release a corrected firmware. 

Raise a support ticket!

http://community.wdc.com/t5/WD-TV-Live-Streaming/Firmware-issues-let-s-try-to-do-something-about-it/td-p/868536

Anyone with a firmware problem, raise a support ticket (I’m on a one man crusade it seems).

If WD get enough tickets raised, maybe they’ll do something about it (probably not, but what have you got to lose)


ChrisMay2014 wrote:

… Anyone with a firmware problem, raise a support ticket (I’m on a one man crusade it seems).

If WD get enough tickets raised, maybe they’ll do something about it (probably not, but what have you got to lose)


Worst case, their reply would be:

  1. Upgrade to WD TV (2014) Media Player
  2. Downgrade to WD TV Live SMP FW 2.01.86 or the last FW that worked well with you.
Support for Western Digital Hard Drives | Western Digital

Still Need Help?

Reach out to Support for more assistance.

Sign in to Your Support Account

Get up-to-date information about your products.

Western Digital Business Portal

Unlock benefits and tools for your business such as enterprise support, pricing and rebate tools, marketing, loyalty, rewards, and more.