WD SSDs Customer Support - WD Executives Please Read!

This post needs to be read by a WD Executive:

WD Customer Support is abysmal.

I, along with many others on this forum, have been attempting to RMA the new WD Blue SA510 drives for months.

For some unknown reason, WD fiddled with a proven, reliable product and put into production a huge lemon that either doesn’t work or fails after several months.
WD, as one of the largest SSD manufacturers in the world should stand behind its products. But it doesn’t.
Customer support is virtually non-existent.
Personally, I have been trying to replace 34 of these drives for 3 months.
After spending over $120 shipping these drives back to WD, and spending hours fulfilling every little desire of WD Customer support (photocopies of the drive serial numbers for example), WD sent me the exact same drives back to me after repeatedly promising a WD Red replacement.
Now I have been waiting for 1 month for return shipping labels.
Customer support says “We truly understand your frustration, please bear with us.” Or “Kindly wait 24-48 hours and your issue will be resolved.”
It never is. It goes on and on and on.
I’ve tried to get the issue escalated, I’ve tried speaking to a manager - they all read off the same script.
No progress. WD doesn’t care. At best they don’t care about their reputation or their customers, at worst they hate us.
Won’t someone please help us???

1 Like

This SA510 issue is outrageous.

We lost a drive this week, without warning. One of 9 we bought and installed over the past 12 months. So then we scanned the other 8… and 3 are now reporting 20 to 40% health after less than a year of light work in an office setting. That is horrible.

So clearly, to best move all our data, we need to Clone the system to another drive.
But if you want WD to send you that drive first, they then charge you $25 for “Advance RMA” ! Plus you pay for the shipping. Plus they require a Credit Card to put a hold on a price for the new drive itself… bascially, they are making 150% of the cost of the drive we bought in the first place.

Its their product. Its failed or failing. And they make US pay for the replacement at every step of the way? That is criminal. I have opened a file with the Competition Bureau about this. Its absolutely wrong for them to produce a crapp product and then fail to properly warranty these things, to properly support the customer. They claim to be a leader in the industry - right now, they lead at being bad business. We will never, ever buy another WD product if they do not clean this sht up.