WD Smartware

I just upgraded to 1.6.2. It’s now constantly categorizing my files… The Backup and Retrieve tabs are greyed out. I can’t get access to do anything useful. I can’t stop it. I’ll have to start completely over. It will take weeks to get it all done. What I need is less automating and more controlling. Just can someone tell me how to a) get the backup tab to enable? b) start over?

Thanks.

Select the drive by clicking on it in the home tab

after that backup and retrieve will work

1 Like

Thanks for quick reply. I never noticed that clicking on the backup drive on the home tab enabled the other tabs before. But,  it then began to run both CPUs at over 90% each . I let it run overnight. It was still nearly 100% cpu still the next morning. I stopped the backup and noticed that my 2 TB disk was nearly full. I can’t tell what is going on. I’ll have to start over.  All of this is the result of upgrading to the latest version of WS Smartware 1.6.2. That is the last time I will ever update this program assuming I get it working correctly again. I don’t want to save the software that is currently on there so I guess I’ll start with a complete re-format and then look for the software I read somewhere was on this site. I have so many other things I’d rather be doing.