WD Smartware 2.4.16.16 will not install. Reboot Pending detected

I have been working on installing Smartware 2.4.16.16 on my win 10 laptop for two weeks or more. Support folks have not been much help. Windows updates are uptodate. All of smartware and its components have been uninstalled. I have rebooted the laptop a zillion times. Have been up and down on the internet and community forums to find at least a clue. I have done what I could to the registry. Nothing, Nothing works. Support tells me it is a winows problem. The previous version of the software had no problem. But it is SmartWare that is throwing the error.

Have any of you had this issue? Please help

Error from SmartWare.
Reboot Pending has been detected. Reboot and retry the action.

An Update on this: I just spoke to Microsoft Support team. They said they have no knowledge of this program and the vendor who supplied the software should provide the answers.

You say nothing works, what have you tried so far? Do you have it downloaded to your computer? Have you tried, Run as Administrator? Have you tried a Safe boot and then tried installing SmartWare? Help eliminate what you have already tried.

If you do not have it downloaded then use this link, click on Downloads>WD SmartWare.

https://support.wdc.com/product.aspx?ID=904&lang=en

I have made sure that:

• windows is uptodate with updates. That all updates have completed successfuly
  • I have researched if there are any Registry keys and at this point anything with reference to WD Smartware has been deleted.
  • I am logged in Administrator when installing. The support person tried safeboot. Did not help
  • I have made sure windows services: Computer Browser, IPsec Policy Agent, Net TCPort Start are all on Auto
  • I have installed Revo Uninstaller, CCleaner, Microsoft fixit. None of these installs had any issues.
  • I have restarted the laptop numerous times and tried.
  • I contacted Support, after trying to fix it they wash their hands off and point fingers at Microsoft.
  • I contacted Microsoft this morning, they said the message box is coming from WD Smartware. It is an application problem. They cannot do anythig.

So you see, the clients are caught in between. Support has no solution, MS has no solution.

If you have any suggestions

What happens when this comes up and you click, OK?

What do you have showing under Western Digital when you click on Start and look at you list of apps? See example image below.

I found this post from a few years back, maybe it will help.

Thank you for taking the time to read my issue and respond. There is no entry for Western Digital in the apps list. Would like to know how you took the above picture of the apps list under W.But that aside there is nothing related to Wester Digital or Smartware running on the computer.

Did you see anything about how that person who had this issue solved the problem?
Also, I installed turbo tax on the computer yesterdat, no issues at all.
This is very specific to SmartWare and its components.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.

With Windows 10 you should have the snipping tool which you can use to capture any thing your want to. It should be listed under Windows Accessories. See image below and you may have to click on, tap or activate the image to see Snipping Tool.

The only thing I saw in the prior post was making sure anything to do with SmartWare was removed from his computer before reinstalling.

Here you go. That is right currently nothing related to Smartware is running on the computer. And, the reinstall is failing:

I use sinipping tool all the time but never used with “Control-PrtSc”
By the way am not a he

+1 on this same problem on 64bit Win10 pro. Trying to upgrade from 2.1.0 (default version on the WD drive) to 2.4.16. Again tried all steps as above and as per linked post, as well as doing a CCclean registry clean as well. Still get “A reboot pending has been detected…” Raised as WD support as drive is still under warranty.

In this a neIw problem that someone posted? Sounds like the same issue that I am having

10 days after raising my support ticket on this absolutely no action at all from WD apart from an automated reply. We have therefore removed Western Digital from our preferred supplier list.

I have been using Smartware for sometime now - with my WD external drive.

One day suddenly the WD Smartware UI refused to come up - and now I have a problem - how to restore anything I have on the drive backed-up.

WD Backup is just not the solution - would like to understand if WD is stopping the product Smartware

Also update to Smartware does not solve the problem. I do not think WD wants to solve any problems related to Smartware