WD poor reliability and support - Red light on and no access - Help!

My Book Live 3TB has a red led always on. It is no longer identified. This means all the information I have been keeping there is gone. Unless, somehow, I can have access again.
WD support, so far, has not given a satisfactory answer to this. They tell me warranty period ended 4 months ago. They have just told me that, if the light is red, the disk has a problem. Before that, they told me I could use some data recovery software. This was completely useless information, because the initial problem is not being able to access the disk, what means some software would probably not access it as well.
Well, WD says they are sorry and don’t seem to be concerned with the trouble this causes to a client. I am sure WD could do more than this.
If anyone has a clue about what can be done to access the disk and save the information, I thank you very much.
Thanks

Always have backup of important data, nevertheless, some of us have been where you are now, and learned our lesson. This is one of the easiest documents to read about backup:

To recover files, assuming the hard drive is fine and it is only a software or enclosure issue.

take the disk out of the enclosure. Attach it to a computer via a sata-usb powered cable. Use a linux computer or at least some software which can read linux formated disks to read the disk.