WD Oops! Something went wrong and Chrome browser version, update can fix

About 70% of the time you see this error, it is due to the Chrome browser or the use of another browser. This is an error from the WD authentication server and the other 30% of the time this may be that the WD server is down or you are being blocked from reaching the server, for example you are behind the Great Fire Wall of XXX country.

About the only reason Chrome browser is around and updated so often is so that Google can track you and sell your information, but sometimes that is what you need to get authenticated. You can avoid using it when you don’t need authentication.


So update your Chrome browser and delete cache in the WD My Cloud Home mobile app or Sandisk ibi mobile app and you should be able to log in and authenticate properly, until the next update that breaks authentication.

Latest Android Chrome version

Hi @NoPlex ,

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting: