WD Mycloud DLNA Server configuration

How to configure the Twonky Server for VIZIO TV?

I can stream Video content to Loewe TV, Panasonic BluRay etc. but not to the VIZIO TV (E400-B2i). I can see the DLNA Server from WD Mycloud but when I try to start a video I got a codec error.

Any idea?

Thanks

DLNA clients can only play what they support.  Your TV appears to not support that format or container combination.  Read the manual for your TV to find the formats and containers it supports.

BC1111 wrote:

DLNA clients can only play what they support.  Your TV appears to not support that format or container combination.  Read the manual for your TV to find the formats and containers it supports.

it says supporting MP4. I have everything in MP4 →

The codecs for MP4 supported for video is H264 and for audio is aac.

Music and photos are not a problem.

I can play small MP4 videos recorded with a smartphone (length less 1 min.)

JimMorrison wrote:

BC1111 wrote:

it says supporting MP4. I have everything in MP4 →

The codecs for MP4 supported for video is H264 and for audio is aac.

Music and photos are not a problem.

I can play small MP4 videos recorded with a smartphone (length less 1 min.)

USB playback and DLNA playback are different.  USB playback is usually great.  DLNA client playback can be garbage.

I really don’t know what to tell you other than make sure the files are in the exact container, video codec and audio codec.  If it says it works over DLNA, it should work.  This is not the fault of your MYCLOUD.

I did a lot of research in the internet and some say that the Twonky server has to be configured. As said, I can play small files, phots no problem, music no problem.> One other post talk about problems with a Samsung TV and this user add another Media server instead of Twonky and it works great.> If look to the Twonky server on mycloud there are pre-defined sets for a lot of Smart TV and others you can choose or Twonky choose automatically.

What are the files you are trying to play?

http://mediaarea.net/en/MediaInfo

Yes smartphone video works because it’s in the correct format/etc.  DLNA is a standard and you shouldn’t have to tweak settings to get it to work. 99% of the DLNA issues is the terrible coding with built in TV’s.  Samsung TV’s are really bad.

Vizio is so terrible it looks like 30m is the max for DLNA streaming:

https://forums.plex.tv/index.php/topic/102100-dlna-on-vizio-e701i-a3-mp4-movies-not-playing/?p=629112

Twonky settings can be accessed via port 9000

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3299/~/how-to-access-the-twonky-media-server-on-a-wd-my-cloud,-ex2,-ex4,-my-book-live,

I understand and I know how to access the Twonky server. Twonky select the “Generic…” preset but this doesn’t do anthing just sending to the TV. I’ve contacted Vizio techncal support and they don’t have an answer.

Because other devices in my home have a profile that is selected by Twonky Server I guess I need one for the Vizio TV

or build a DLNA profile for the Vizio TV

Any ideas?

to answer your question around format: MP4 file (MPEG-4, Video Stream AVC, Audio Stream AAC

unfortuantly some devices are so bad it is not worth the effort, I have dish hooper and at one point I stumbled on a combination that sort of worked but never did find a good combination so I gave up.

If you know enough to create a cutom profile it may help, i looked briefly at this option then gave up

does the viso TV have a firmware update available? it might help

I posted in another spot in the forum, but the Twonky DLNA has certain things it supports, but I’m finding that really it’s up to the device (not client) if it will stream or not.  My videos would stream to my phone with VLC, but not my BluRay player.  I had all of my movies in .MP4 format, I didn’t get it.  Some videos wouldn’t even be listed (randomly).  I converted all of my videos to .MKV, and I’ve never had a problem since.  I don’t know why my BluRay player supports .MKV better than .MP4, but at least it’s working.

jmac0001 wrote:

I posted in another spot in the forum, but the Twonky DLNA has certain things it supports, but I’m finding that really it’s up to the device (not client) if it will stream or not.  My videos would stream to my phone with VLC, but not my BluRay player.  I had all of my movies in .MP4 format, I didn’t get it.  Some videos wouldn’t even be listed (randomly).  I converted all of my videos to .MKV, and I’ve never had a problem since.  I don’t know why my BluRay player supports .MKV better than .MP4, but at least it’s working.

Device and dlna client is the same thing.  Yes, the issues are will the terrible firmware on these devices.