WD MyCloud™ DL4100 + Link Aggregation + Intel® PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter - will it work?

Greetings :smiley_cat:

I’m just getting to know my new WD MyCloud™ DL4100, and slowly but surely I’m fallin in love with it.

Recently I discovered the Link Aggregation function. I bought Intel® PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter, specially for the NAS system, because I don’t trust in Router + integrated NiC.

My question is:

“Can I use Link Aggregation function, even with my Intel® PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter?” She looks like two network adapters in computer, thus, I don’t think it’s quite possible, but I’m still asking :),

Please let me know,

kind regards

Bryan

uplink-svk wrote:

Greetings :smiley_cat:

I’m just getting to know my new WD MyCloud™ DL4100, and slowly but surely I’m fallin in love with it.

Recently I discovered the Link Aggregation function. I bought Intel® PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter, specially for the NAS system, because I don’t trust in Router + integrated NiC.

My question is:

“Can I use Link Aggregation function, even with my Intel® PRO/1000 PT Dual Port Server Adapter?” She looks like two network adapters in computer, thus, I don’t think it’s quite possible, but I’m still asking :),

Please let me know,

kind regards

Bryan

It MIGHT work (LACP as a standard allows for that) – but it doesn’t make much sense to me…

Why wouldn’t you just connect the DL4100 to a switch that supports LACP?

Greetings  TonyPh12345. First thing, I have no idea what LACP is. Second, I will get that switch! :), but firsthand, I’ll try it directly on the network adapter, and than, I’ll get that switch.

Can You please recommend me some [price is not important] from this shop?

Do You know some that supports it, and can be purchased here?

https://www.alza.sk/switche/18854017.htm

the smaller the better!

Thank You! :slight_smile:

LACP is Link Aggregation Control Protocol.

1 Like

Thank You Tony, already googled it. Would You be so kind, and can You please post me suitable switch? :slight_smile:

All I know is what I use… Netgear GS108Tv2

2 Likes

Netgear GS108Tv2 looks rock solid, and heart touching. I have available only nonV2, I’m gonna google whether it supports the protocol, and I’m g2g! Thank You! :slight_smile: