WD MyBook Nas Drive not same in Windows 11

I have a WD Mybook Nas External drive which I had to disconnect from the internet when WD had security issues.
I have since then operated the drive just for storage connected via USB to my computer running Windows 10, it showed the two shares I set up in Mybook.
Now I have new computer running Windows 11 and when I plug in the Mybook drive I only see a network drive, no shares showing, if I unplug and replug into my Windows 10 pc the correct shres show in networks. pictures attached.
Windows 10 Drive
Windows 11 Drive

Hi @Richchad,

Western Digital has determined that Internet-connected My Book Live and My Book Live Duo devices are under attack by exploitation of multiple vulnerabilities present in the device.

Please refer to the mentioned link: My Book Live & My Book Live Duo: My Book Live & My Book Live Duo: Update Firmware

Have you opened a Support Case? If not opened, for more information, please contact the WD Technical Support team for the best assistance and troubleshooting:
https://support-en.wd.com/app/ask

@Keerti_01 Thanks for the response, I gave up on opening a support case years ago when the problem first materialised and opted to use the drive just for backup.
I have been using it without problem for years on my Windows 10 pc but since switching to a windows 11 pc I have this problem where it doesn’t see the drive in the same way which is odd as connected exactly the same as on old pc.

Update
I raised the question with WD Support and they gave me instructions to remap my shares which I did and can now see all my files in Windows 11.

1 Like

Great to read you got sorted.

Since deploying a Win 11 PC, I can still detect my MBL drive and even access the configuration screens, but I can’t see the stored files. And it continues to work well as an external USB drive when used with my Win 10 laptop.

So I’m supposing the MBL is still operationally sound. Can you clarify the instructions to “remap shares” please?

Thanks in anticipation

Michael

Hi Michael,
I cannot remember what I actually did but here is a copy of the reply I got from WD Support…

Thank you for contacting Western Digital Customer Service and Support. My name is Kevin S.
I understand that you are unable to access the data on your My Book Live. I apologize for the inconvenience caused to you. I am here to help.
In order to access the data on your My Book Live device, I would suggest you to map the shares of your device. Please refer to the article mentioned below and perform the mapping on your device:
How to Map a WD Network Drive on Windows 10 and Windows 11
https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detailweb/a_id/25436
If you have any further questions, please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist you further.
Sincerely,
Kevin S
Western Digital Customer Service and Support

I hope this helps…

Many thanks for your prompt and helpful response.

Those instructions did not directly address my issue but they did alert me to a simple error in how I was approaching the problem.

In File Explorer, I had been typing IP address as simply "169.254.212… etc. and this got me into the device’s Configuration page. But to get into my folders & files, I just need to add two BACK-slashes before the IP.

Thanks again and good luck with your computing.

Michael