My Book Live not in 'storage' map in Windows Explorer

I have an WD live Book, 2 GB NAS. I have a new laptop (Windows 10, same as before) and can’t acces my shares with the Windows explorer. When I select ‘network’ in Explorer the NAS is shown, but when i click it it just starts the login screen for my NAS in my webbrowser. It does’nt show the shares. I can see it’s active, when i log on the control screen in the browser.

I have no problem playing music from the NAS with the Android app on my phone.

What do I have to do to get acces to my shares in Windows 10 again? Can someone help me please.

Hi,

You could refer to the following link: How to Map a WD Network Drive on Windows 10 and Windows 11

There’s too much information there, everything points to something else and back again. Can you specify how to get my MyBook device accessible again in a more direct way please?

Hi there Paul,
You might have been able to sort out the problem yourself, but I have a suggestion for you to try.

I was able to get access to mine by going to the Windows File Explorer. Right click on Network. Select “Connect to Network Station”. I selected the drive adress “\mybook” (Yours may have a different adress) and selected a drive name such as z: and used my login credentials after checking both boxes.

It may not work for you, but it did for me. My WD drive denies connection at random frequencies, and it seems like it does it if a certain number of units has connected to it.

Will try to avoid WD in the future since this issue has been unsolved for since I bought it about a decade ago. Which is the best thing about the WD Live. It lives for a long time. Mine has been running since I bought it, with no other issues than one of the most important features for a network drive. Being able to connect to it.