WD My Passport Ultra not showing up anywhere

Dear All,

I have a 2 TB WD My Passport Ultra which has just stopped working and i have absolutely no idea what has gone wrong with it. Just normally made backup of my data and now it isnt working.

It is showing in windows tab bar in remove usb safely tab, It is also showing in device manager.

But the problem starts in disk management where it is showing up as not initialized.

It is also not showing up in WD Digital Lifeguard Diagnostics and WD Drive utilities.

I have got a world of important data on my drive and currently i have no ideas what to do in this situation.

Kindly help me out on this.

Thanks in Advance.

Hi, it doesn’t seem like your computer is recognizing the drive correctly, have you tried connecting the drive using a different computer? Have you tried on a different USB port and with a different cable?

Hello. I have the same problem (I think) it lights up and clicks away, but doesn’t show in the files list on any computer.

Be great to hear the suggestions you get and see if they work for me to.

Hi, i have tried everything you mentioned different pc/laptop , different cable or port. It isn’t working in any condition with same conditions.

HI. Did you recently install Windows 10 Anniversary update?
There is a major problem with SDD drives not being recognized. MicroSoft website is swamped with messages.
Same thing happened to me. I used Recovery to return to the previous version of Windows 10 and that fixed the problem.
I noted someone mentioned that the update does not provide the proper drivers. MS is working on it.

I am having this issue with my WD My Passport Ultra 2TB drive and I did get the Windows 10 Anniversary update one or two weeks ago… I guess this is Microsoft’s version of an anniversary gift…

i have a similar issue, my Passport Flash the LED and don’t turn the LED off. It’s not recognized by the Computer, but only if i put it on usb 3 Port, if i plug it in USB 2 then the drive functional normal.