WD my passport external portaible Drive 100% space used

have a WD my passport external portable Drive 2TB, suddenly not working and loading for more and more time when connected to my laptop.

I used partition wizard to check if it’s found or not and I found that the Drive 100% space used and zero free space.

So, if there is any way to solve this issue and get data recover?

If your WD My Passport external drive is showing 100% space used with zero free space, it could indicate potential issues with data corruption or file system errors. Here are steps you can take to troubleshoot and potentially recover your data:

1. Check Disk Utility (Windows) or Disk Utility (Mac): Use the built-in disk management tools on your operating system to check for disk errors or attempt a repair. Sometimes, these utilities can fix minor file system issues.

2. Data Recovery Software: There are several data recovery software options available online (such as Stellar Data Recovery that can help recover data from a corrupted or damaged drive. Install one of these programs and follow the instructions to scan the drive and recover your files.

3. Use Another Computer or USB Port: Try connecting your WD My Passport to another computer or a different USB port on your current computer. Sometimes, the issue might be with the port or the computer itself rather than the drive.

4. Professional Data Recovery Services: If the data on the drive is extremely important and the above methods don’t work, consider professional data recovery services. These services have specialized equipment and expertise to recover data from severely damaged drives. Be aware, though, that they can be costly.

5. Drive Diagnosis and Repair: If you suspect physical damage to the drive (clicking noises, unusual sounds, etc.), it might be beyond simple software fixes. In such cases, contacting WD support or a professional technician could be necessary.
    Remember, during this process, avoid writing new data to the drive as it might overwrite the existing data, making recovery more difficult.

If you manage to recover your data, it’s advisable to immediately back it up on another storage device to prevent future data loss.

1 Like