My Passport WD 1TB stopped working

Hello , Good day! I have a 1 TB WD My Passport and its unrecognized , I’m not sure maybe its dead or something because it doesn’t show anymore on “My Computer”… But the light works (sometimes its Blinking and sometimes its showing me light only) and it spins slightly … I tried to recover my data by going to a lot of PC stores but most of them said that the drive might be burned or the read/write head doesn’t work , or theres a physical damage (i think that there’s no physical damage because I’m pretty sure that i haven’t dropped it or something like that).

So , i tried to connect it using a lot of “USBs” and “Computers” it shows me that the Disk 1 (my WD external hard drive) has a 0 Bytes Free and 0 Bytes used Storage!! (I think because the read/write head doesn’t work as the guys in that PC store told me , but i don’t know) but still nothing have changed , also it can be recognized in the disk management section(after waiting around 5 mins from plugging it in , after that : it shows me that the drive is uninitialized and i cant do anything “such as : formatting it or something”) also it shows up in the device manager section after waiting around 5 mins… So as you can see above … Here’s my WD External hard drive informations : Western Digital My Passport External Hard Drive 1TB NTFS 1 Partition ( J: ) Files : Videos (.mp4 “MEPG-4 Movie files’ type” ) Pictures and Documents. My System : Windows 8 3.0 USB So as you can see here’s everything ( if you need any additional information tell me with your next reply please) …

I don’t want to lose my files (especially the videos) please so what should i do ? Should i send it to any of those data recovery companies via DHL or FedEx to fix it ? And if yes, suggest me some companies please! … Or/And tell me what’s the problem with my HDD ? And give me solutions please! I’m pleasing you to help me. Thanks a lot ! Regards

Hello,

It may be possible to still extract the data utilizing data recovery software. There are several kinds of Data Recovery software available. If you do a web search for Data Recovery it will yield plenty of data recovery software options.

If this does not work then you may contact a data recovery company.

Data Recovery

I would take the device back to WD and tell them to stop selling ■■■■ devices without solutions to the problems the devices incur. It is obviously a design fault in the device or the software. WD are quite a ■■■■■■ company. Some staff in there should be shot (figuratively speaking).