My WD Passport - Lost Files. Can you help?

Hi All,

I m absolutely stressing out and I am wondering if someone could please help me as I am on a deadline.

My WD passport has been plugged into my laptop for most of the day as I was using it in logic pro.
Once I had finished my project, I quit the program and went to Eject my WD Element Passport. However, it wouldn’t Eject. The computer would flash “Cannot Eject. Disk is in use on Finder”. As this kept happening, I tried to force Eject, but again to to no avail. Eventually I shut the computer down too plug it out. When I later returned to my laptop and plugged back in my Passport, though it was showing the name of my folders, it is also showing zero bytes within them. showing there is data within the files, though in the Get info panel, it shows I have over 588 GB used. I tried to repair the external hard drive in disk utility, but it came up with a message of “can’t repair, back up as soon as possible”.
Does anyone have any suggestions on how i can resolve this issue.
Much Appreciated.

Thank you

Hi,

You could refer to the following link:

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6624

They don’t even replace the garbage product they sale. I got one within 37 days it fail and the WD Support said i can request for accelerated replacement and choose my own computer store to retrieved data in it. I never get any replacement email.

What kind of post sale service. The product should not even be in the shelf.

https://support-en.wd.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6624

That page basically says WD sell you defected product it it fails WD cannot do anything about it.
If they can pun on the shelf a defective product like WD Book, one have to wonder what other sub standard product they put in the market.

Great help!

Hello, you can refer to the below given link to fix and recover files from my WD passport drive:

Oh no, that sounds super stressful! It’s a relief that you’re able to see the folders, but it’s frustrating that the data isn’t showing up properly. Have you considered seeking professional help or maybe checking out online forums for troubleshooting tips? Also, if you’re in a bind and need to access your files urgently, perhaps you could explore alternatives like FakeYourDrank - How to Pay for a temporary solution.

It sounds like your WD Passport might be experiencing some file system issues. Since Disk Utility couldn’t repair it and it’s showing incorrect data usage, I’d recommend backing up your data immediately, as the message suggests. After that, you could try using data recovery software or contacting WD support for further assistance.

@aniaquen2322 @Dipityro

I hope AnneTona figured the problem out because this topic was created almost four years ago.