Recovering data from old passport

Hi everyone,

Hoping someone can help me with access issues to my WDME2500TE MY Passport Essential. Not showing on My Computer, or disk manager, but is showing under device manager - external drives. Is found by WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostics and passes all the tests but not found by WD Utilities (I was looking to update the driver). The only solution I’ve found is to pay a lot of money for software to recover the data which I really don’t want to do!

You don’t need to pay a lot of money neither you need to handover your drive to any data recovery service provider. There could be various reasons for your external hard drive to become unresponsive or undetected. The external drive may be detected by the system if you connect it to another PC, but it doesn’t respond.

You can try the below options to resolve the issue:

• Run CHKDSK
  • Use an Antivirus & Anti-Malware tool
  • Re-install the drivers

You can also check out the below blog to know the solution for your issue: https://www.stellarinfo.com/blog/how-to-fix-not-responding-hard-drive/

Hope this will help.

1 Like

but if everything you suggested and everything in the link you provided … does not work

then, you do. (if you desperately want your data recovered)

if you’re (the OP) is not desperate to recover the data, then don’t pay, and forget about it and move on. (and keeps backups in future)

1 Like

Thank you for trying to help. I’ve exhausted all the options, so paying my way out of trouble it is!