WD My Passport 07A8 initializng issue

Dear members I am facing a serious problem regarding initializing my passport wd.

My system configuration is:

Windows 7 32-bit, Dell Inspiron core i 3 processor and 4 GB RAM.

I have tried almost all the methods but still my device is not recognized in the computer main screen. I have installed all the drivers required to run this device but the problem is still unsolved. I am using this device for the first time and still I haven’t use it for storage purpose. 

My external drive is shown in the disk drive as in the figure below as Disk 1 in figure below:

When I am trying the drive to initialize the following error is occuring

2.png

Now I am unable to diagnose the cause by which this erro is occuring. Also my device is showing 0 GB volume whereas my drive is of 500 GB.

Members plz help me in this regard, I am so much worried about it. I will be waiting for the reply

Thanks

Welcome to the Community.

Try checking if the device’s security mechanism came factory-enabled by mistake. You can tell by confirming if there’s a WD Unlocker virtual CD able to be mounted. If not, then this is unfortunately a device that should be replaced. You can directly request a replacement with the retailer or through WD.

http://wdc.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8/