WD My Cloud EX4 displays all 4 drives failed even with 4 new drives SOLVED

We have a WD My Cloud EX4 with 4 x WD 40EFRX 4TB Red NAS drives. The LED displays all 4 drives have failed. Purchased 4 brand new WD 40EFRX 4TB Red NAS drives and LED displays the same. Drives in bay 1 2 3 4 failed.
When I log in to the dashboard it says “add a new hard drive”. Sometimes LED says drives in bay 1 3 4 have failed. Other times it says no drives installed. Sometimes I can reach the dashboard proper and go to storage > disks drive 2 good 1 3 4 bad. Other times a drive in a different bay is flagged as failed.
I have done a 40 second reset and set up device again. No change in behaviour.

I have checked the old and the new in a docking device and they all spin up. When dock is attached to a laptop all drives are present in disk management app in Windows. The My Cloud device was purchased in 2014. The issue started in September when the latest firmware was updated to 2.12.127. How can I roll back the firmware to previous version? is there another fix for this or does this sound like a hardware failure in the My Cloud device?

1 Like

This issue is resolved. The issue was the customer supplied the incorrect power supply. Used a 19v 4.74A laptop power supply.

I seem to have the same problem.
What was the correct power supply?
I have replaced a failed one with another of the same specs and appearance when the problem occured.
Thanks