WD My Book Live issue with playing video files

Hi,

I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this but we’ve been having an issue for a while now with playing files from the My Book Live to our LG smart tv. It used to work fine then after a while now when we play a movie after anywhere between 2-30 minutes the file stops and begins again from the start. No error msgs come up or anything. 

I don’t know if this is an issue with the My Book Live hardware or the Twonky software or what. I don’t think it’s a hardware issue as the green light appears to stay on. It’s not an issue with the files themselves as they used to work fine and play fine elsewhere but on the My Book Live they seem to now always stop playing at the same spot.

Any idea on what the issue could be? Our connection: the My Book Live is connected to our router, router is connected to LG smart tv. The tv software is all up to date as is the My Book Live firmware. 

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks.

Hello,

Have you tried resetting the unit?

Are you able to stream the files to a different device like a computer or a media player?

I’ve tried resetting with no luck. The same files play fine when streaming to my laptop. It happens with most files regardless of file type. They start playing fine and then after a while it just skips to the next file in the folder and starts playing that.

Any idea?