WD My Book Essential not working

This is really frustrating and dissapointing if I see all the complains. do you people actually fix the problems or do people complain and nothing happens.

My Book Essential is a Western Union product that I bought with the Idea of saving all my music and pictures to my external drive and will have it as backup. NOW all my stuff was moved to the drive and a view months later when I want to access the piece of **bleep** hard drive you have put on the market that just seem to be giving everyone in the world a problem! do you actually manufacture a product that works?

because what I can see on this community page it seems none of your products really work or atleast last!!!

This thing is throwing a message out of a access denied!!! why if it was working fine the first month, i just havent used it for a few months and now I cant access anything!!!.

HOW DO I NOW RETRIEVE MY FILES???

Hi Ray360gp, sorry to hear that you cannot access your files, there are a couple of troubleshooting steps that you can try, like using another USB cable if possible or connecting the My Book to another PC. If you cannot access the My Book from the computer windows, try opening the disk management tool to see if it is recognized there. 

How to access Disk Management in Windows XP, Vista, 7 or 8 to manage hard drives 

Hi!

I cannot access my WD My Book Essential 2tb as well.  My Disk Management doesn’t recognize it either.  

If my Disk Management doesn’t recognize it, what are my other options?  I just want to retrieve the files and then say goodbye to the hardware.  

If it doesn’t show in Disk Management and you have tried a different USB cable no longer than the one supplied and don’t use a hub it maybe a problem with the bridge board. Also try plugging the drive directly into the wall instead of a surge protector. If it is a bad board about the only thing to try is finding one on Ebay. This explains a bit about the boards  http://community.wd.com/t5/Off-Topic-Discussions/Bridge-Boards/td-p/353839

Joe