WD My Book 4TB Not Recognized

Hello

My Name is Caner, İ konw when you look up in the forms there is lots of theads about this problem but i clount find a similer problem as mine. So i opened a new one.

My WD My book 4TB ex disk has stoped being recognized by my latop. couple of days ago it was working fine and now whenever i plug it in i cant see in in my computer. Now it has Password protection on in it and Normaly before i was runing the WD Security center and there i was able to put the password in and then the HDD was being visible on my Cumputer. but now on WD security it says please plug in a supported WD device. i have tired many things but i couldnt get any solution.

when i plug the device i can here it is working,

and on the safe remove it is shown,

Also in device manager is it is visiable and it seems it isworking fine,

here it becomes tricky, on WD diagnostics is says the WD HDD is a pass but if shows 0 MB,

And in Disk Mangament is i can see the disk but it is not working, 

What i think is that there is a problem in the security center which is not letting me to enter my password so this is why the device cant be started, and hopefully there is no problem with the disk. 

So I cant find a solution for this problem.

Ah By the way Yes i have tried;

1. Using a different computer,

2. Using a different USB cable,

3. Pluging the Ac Adaptor to the wall outlet,

thank you for the help in advance…

Hello, have you tried using another USB cable to connect the My Book? You can also try connecting the My Book power cable directly to the wall. 

I am starting to wonder if there is an automatic answer for posts with the header ‘’ HDD not Recognized’’ or similer header??

because at the end of my post i have writen down, 

Ah By the way Yes i have tried;

1. Using a different computer,

2. Using a different USB cable,

3. Pluging the Ac Adaptor to the wall outlet,

and the first reply that comes is;

Hello, have you tried using another USB cable to connect the My Book? You can also try connecting the My Book power cable directly to the wall. 

Ok Maybe that question was to make sure. Well Yes. I have tried using a nother USB cable and and also tried to plug it in directly to the wall.

Thank you.

Hi again Caner, sorry for that, no automatic answers are used I just missed that last part of your post. Have you tried uninstalling WD Security and reinstalling it again? You can also try installing the drive firmware update, this should also show you a pop-up window to unlock the drive.

Click on your drive model to see the firmware update

http://support.wd.com/product/download.asp?level1=1&lang=en

Hello,

and I am sorry too I shouldnt have poped like that. it is just that the data on the driver is important. Sorry again. 

Now i have tried to update the firmware. I have downloaded it and ran it and did the update. Followed the instructions i rebooted the pc and connected the power and nothing happened.

Then i wanted to run the update again to check if it is updated or not. if it is updated it would tell me that it is up to date and if not it would try to update again. So i ran the update again and this time if was saying that there is a update ready to install. so i installed again but still no change. now evertime i ran the firmware update it is telling me that there is a update ready to install. 

I did everything to the letter but still it didnt work.

i think that since the device cant be started(thats what the disk manager is indicating) i am not able to update it?? whats you oppinion on that? 

Also i would like to learn if it is possible to recover the data on the HDD with the password protaction still on ??