WD Live Plus M2TS Plays on Some

I posted this awhile ago (7/2010) when I first purchased WDTV Live +.  I never got a working solution as to why some m2ts files stream fine (though some freeze on screen) when others say “check file type…”. I’m not sure how to link to the original post but it can be found by searching under the same subject.   I thought after upgrading firmware (using current version), things might have been fixed since there are obviusly a lot of issues people have.  No luck.  I m very dissapointed with this product and now that AppleTV is $99.  I think I might try that.

Just keep in mind appleTV only does 720p…   I would assume your M2TS’s are 1080… 

Actually, Apple’s specs are pretty weak:

• H.264 video up to 720p, 30 frames per second, Main Profile level 3.1 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps per channel, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
  • MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
  • Motion JPEG (M-JPEG) up to 35 Mbps, 1280 by 720 pixels, 30 frames per second, audio in ulaw, PCM stereo audio in .avi file format

reading that makes me think it’s not gonna support M2TS AT ALL.

Thanks and it does look like AppleTV does not work with m2ts.  My files are not 1080p.  Also, I realized tath some of the m2ts files that do work on WDTVL+, don’t have the audio though, when I play it on my PC they do.  The software for converting from my Pan camcorder is HDWriter.  Again, frustrated as you know what